Who here got rid of ALL of their pedals for Axe-Fx?

It replaced a ton of stuff for me. I used to have a pedalboard set up with no rack system and eventually moved to a Voodoo Labs GCP and GCX with my:
Satchurator
Time Machine
Small Clone
Phase 90
Morley Bad Horsie
Boss Tremelo
Airplane Flanger - Still trying to figure out how to get it close on my Axe II.

But in all, the axe has replaced all my pedals but my phase 90. That one is still the ringer that I can't replace in my Axe. The airplane flanger is a rough one because i could put it in my GCX switcher but the take off function doesn't work unless you engage it on and off, instead of leaving it on constantly like my phase 90.

the axe fx replaced this board. the only pedal i have left is a boomerang looper

DSCN0101.jpg

i sold almost 20 pedals (mostly od and distortion), rocktron intellifex, lexicon mpx g2, marshall 1986 head, egnater rebel 30 head and my mesa 50/50 (plus marshall 2x12 cab);
going straight into the PA with the axe FX and for clean, crunch and lead tones there's nothing that i regret.
i'm still struggling with SRV-ish tones, but it's just me, with time i will settle that.
i might buy an amp just for catastrophic scenarios, but 90% it won't be a tube amp (too expensive, too fragile, too much maintenance): maybe an old HK tera amp, or a fender mustang.
I DON'T MISS TUBE AMPS :D

i want to clarify and important detail: i didn't sell all gear for funding the axe, i sold them after i got the axe, because i didn't need it anymore.
i'm a tone fan(atic), but i don't believe in the "there are pedals that give me my tones and no other will do" part; anything is good is good for me.

I sold 2+ pedal trays and a bunch of (rack gear for an Axe Ultra and have never looked back. There is a recycling bin in the corner of the cave full of cables from the rack that I took out of the signal. I have no idea how many feet that was but….

The Axe II is even better :D

I sold everything. Got an Axe II, the MFC and never looked back. I'd rather create new sounds than try to emulate old ones.

I sold a lot of pedals and rack stuff, but I still have an EHX Micro Synth and a Strymon Timeline - pretty sure that the Axe II can emulate most of the Timeline's sounds but I like the fact to be able to tweak the sounds with real knobs on the fly....
Maybe I'll sell it one day...

I haven't sold much but I still have a mini pedalboard that I use. Boss ge-7, PTD mini bone, zvex's distortion, source audio's multi wave distortion, el cap, and boss rv-5. I'm pretty sure if I program the fuzz properly, I can get somewhere close to the mini bone but I just LOVE that pedal too much for me to let it go haha

I got rid of almost all of my pedals, save for the worthless and the "priceless".
Never used much of any of them anyway... still not using effects very much with the axe... or many different amps either.
Come to think of, why do I even have this thing?

Oh, now I remember. ;)

Sold everything I had to get Axe Fx 2

Mesa Boogie Stilleto Duece Head
Ibanez ts 808
MXR carbon copy
Philosophers tone
retro sonic chorus
MXR phase 90
Ibanez fl88 flanger
10 band eq
Boss Reverb
Dunlop Cry Baby wah
Big Muff Pi tone whicker
and some more little things.

I couldn't be happier !!!!!

I'm happy with the sound I get from running the axe in to my red plate blackloop but I really miss my barber drive pedals. I don't get the same juiciness with the drive blocks on the axe. The delays and verbs are good but there was a delay with mod setting on my eventide time factor that I haven't been able to recreate. The axe ii has improved wha sounds, so I'm happy with that.I think eventually more pedals and improvements will be added but for now it seems like amp modeling seems to be at the forefront. I think cliff and co know that even though we who don't use amp modeling for live application are a minority, there is a market out there for those of us who use the 4cm to replace our pedalboards.

Turbo Tuner
Cry Baby
Diamond Compressor
KOT
Plexitone
Riot
Drivegate DG 2
Modfactor
Timefactor
Skinpimp MkIII/Buzzaround
and many others...

Yep, got rid of them all.

Got rid of them all-which probably paid for the ultra and then some. It also saves time by not visiting the TGP pedals section, and money because I don't need to look at the next Klon, rockbox or eternity that comes along. Oh, I had a zendrive and a timmy too. Drive boxes were my addiction-now I seldom worry about it much. Instead of using drive boxes to get a sound out of one amp-I use the amp block. Different sound-different preset, or just the "B" amp.

Kept everything I had, but I don't use them anymore. The only exception is an old Boss SD-1 that I have (so far) been unable to duplicate precisely. I've actually become the dreaded collector!

Back
Top Bottom