Who has sold their Axe Fx to get an AX8?

pull75

Inspired
I want to hear from a former Axe FX user that sold it for an AX8 and is completely satisfied and happy..
pros, cons etc. I'm way too OCD and anal retentive to pull the trigger not to mention too poor to own both because I'm feeding two college students and a 17 year year old.

I'd start by comparing the two units to make sure the AX8 has all the features you need. Maybe this thread will help:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ant-differences-between-fx-ii-and-ax8.107729/

Personally, I have no regrets selling the AxeII. But I do not use many of the features that are missing from the AX8 (two amp blocks, Tone Match, Global blocks, shoot my own IR's, and I did not use the AxeII as an audio interface). If the AX8 limitations compared to the AxeII are not a problem for you, and you prefer the all-in-one format, then you have your answer.

My Axe8 is on the way..I thought about selling my Axefx II but im not at thsi time..Just going to rack it in the studio and use it there! I am however going to sell my Liquid Foot Jr+ though. No need for it anymore.

My Axe8 is on the way..I thought about selling my Axefx II but im not at thsi time..Just going to rack it in the studio and use it there! I am however going to sell my Liquid Foot Jr+ though. No need for it anymore.

Same boat here...

I feel that the Axe-Fx is a little over kill for me now, but definitely now that I have it, don't want to sell it!!!

I am on the fence about selling my MFC as what if I want to gig with my Axe-Fx.... Still, yesterday I rehearsed with my Ax8 with ONLY a couple of presets and using some built in presets and Chris' presets and it did outstanding!!!!

I did buy a Ground Control Pro to leave it at the rehearsal space so I was going to move my Axe-Fx around, but now that I have the Ax8, don't know if I will need it either!

We'll see what happens..

I will sell mine when I get my Ax (don't want to but have too) I am having to make some compromises but I know I can make ax work for me so it is all good.

I sold mine early after my gigs to take advantage of a sellers market... it'll be a buyers market soon. I don't record, so there was no advantage to keeping it as I don't use the majority of the features that are exclusive to the II or XL... Still awaiting my AX8 invite!

Possibly. I certainly don't need both, but it is convenient to have the direct recording features of the Axe FX, along with higher CPU capability.

Waiting evaluate when I get my AX8.

I want to sell the XL+ but might end up permanently racking it in my new studio.

I want to hear from a former Axe FX user that sold it for an AX8 and is completely satisfied and happy..
pros, cons etc. I'm way too OCD and anal retentive to pull the trigger not to mention too poor to own both because I'm feeding two college students and a 17 year year old.

It depends on how complex your patches are. If you run simple, straightforward patches and don't use a lot of the crazy blocks in the Axe....then the AX8 may be better for you. I normally run simple patches that would use about 60-65% CPU in the Axe II, but in the AX8 they are pushing the CPU limit. I normally run(in order) a Wah-Comp-Chorus-Flanger-Filter-PEQ-Drive-Amp-Volume-Rotary-Trem-Cab-Delay-Reverb-Filter. Sometimes I would get a little funky and add some more stuff, but that little block line there will not work in the AX8. I have to chose either Rotary or Trem, because I can't run them both. Truth is though....... I didn't really use them all the time anyways, so it's not like I really needed them...I just liked to have them. The biggest decision for me is going to be trying to figure out what I am going to assign to the 8 available switches......I am used to the MFC with 17 to chose from and I had issues getting everything I wanted on the MFC. The good thing about the AX8 is the hold x/y switching......that eliminates having to use separate switches for x/y switching. I will be able to give you a full review when I receive my AX8 next week, but those were all things I had to make decisions on when I was trying to decide what to do. I was lucky enough to have a friend with the AX8 already and I got him to try my chain out for me to let me know what would and wouldn't work with the available CPU.That was the biggest hurdle for me in making my decision. My Axe II had to go so I could afford the AX8.....so I am hoping that I made the right decision. Worst case scenario though, I get the AX8 and decide that it won't work.....sell it for what I paid for it.....and buy a rack unit again.

I've really been thinking about it. Everything integrated and on the floor seems like a dream. My biggest thing is giving up two amp blocks. Although, I'm not sure how much I actually need two amp sims and how much of it is vanity and wanting to be like my favorite guitarists.

I traded for my AX8, as the AxeFX II was definitely overkill for my needs. The AX8 is perfect for me, sounds amazing, makes rehearsals and gigging logistics WAY easier. Running it into a CLR for me and the PA direct for crowd. The exciting thing to me is it is great already and given FAS's support/improvement history on their product line, the AX8 will likely improve going forward.

Got mine ripped off and have to wait for the AX8. I tried the competition, but found there was none. I was thrilled with my AXE FX std for 8 years. My only gripe was that it lagged a bit in switching presets, and some of my presets used up too much memory and had to be trimmed. I understand the AX8 fixes both of those issues. I can't frkn WAIT!

Back
Top Bottom