Who has removed the display protector?

I was just wondering how many people have removed the clear plastic sticker that protects the display.

I can't bring myself to do it. I'll probably look through that cloudy piece of plastic with bubbles trapped under it for the next 5 years just so my display doesn't get scratched. How about you?

I was going to leave it on, but the lower right corner was dog-eared, and it rapidly started to look like crap. So I took it off (within a couple of weeks).

Not I. I don't even know how long its on there... maybe 2 years. The plastic protector is still on the G-System I had before the Axe-FX. The plastic protector is still on the G-Force I had before the G-System.

For some reason, I still have the plastic on my Ultra's display. I remove them from everything else, but not the Ultra. Not sure why...

I took mine off months ago and I'm not worried about them getting scratched at all.

If you are concerned about scratches then I would put one of those PDA/iPhone screen protectors on it as they're a bit more transparent than the factory plastic sheet.

I took mine off straight away, which immediately highlighted the fact that the screen is not totally fixed, as mine slides from side to side about 1mm. Maybe it's a feature to facilitate airflow :D

No scratches though,

Nikon had the right idea about screen protectors. All of their DSLRs come with removable (and replaceable) protectors. Hence, you never worry about your LCD getting irretrievably screwed up.

That said, I've removed the film from my Axe's LCD immediately upon receiving it.

I think my wife removed mine because she was tired of seeing it on there. I probably left it on for 6 months at least though.

My M13 still has the protectors on it though! She hasn't seen those yet....

D

Mine is still there. I'm not a stickler for these things, though..will remove it the minute it starts getting hard to see through..

It has never occurred to me to leave those things on. They always come straight off on the way out of the box. I do however add my own screen protectors to phones, gps, cameras and other high "touch" devices.
Richard

Who leaves the plastic on a sandwich :lol: :lol: How do you make sweet love' to your axe' with the condom on your screen children :? says chef '' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom