Who has heard the band Haken?

The Haken CD "Visions" released in 2011 is great. It was on constant play for me for quite a while.
I'll second that. At first listen I thought it was very well done, if a little Dream Theater derivative. The more I listened though... Well, it became my most listened to album last year, by far. The new DT sounds great, particularly if it doesn't represent the whole album, but I think that I might be looking forward to this a bit more.

Just ordered the new Queensryche album too. Woohoo. Exciting new bands, plus keen anticipation for the new Qr and DT albums and, judging by the excellent Arch/Matheos album probably a great album coming from Fates Warning. It's like it is 1992 all over again :)

Oh and also keenly anticipating the Zierler Project CD. This is th lineup...

* Finn Zierler (BEYOND TWILIGHT) - Keyboards
* Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, FATES WARNING, ARCH/MATHEOS, SEBASTIAN BACH, ICED EARTH) - Drums
* Per Nilsson (SCAR SYMMETRY, KAIPA) – Guitar, Bass
* Kelly Sundown Carpenter (BEYOND TWILIGHT, DARKOLOGY, EPYSODE, OUTWORLD) - Vocals
* Truls Haugen (INSENSE, CIRCUS MAXIMUS) - Vocals, Bass

This is the oh so brief teaser: ZIERLER PROJECTS: MATRIX I - "A New Beginning" - YouTube

Oh, and there is another LaBrie album with Sfogli and Guillory et al on the way, and this one has Peter Wichers thrown in to the mix.

I'll second that. At first listen I thought it was very well done, if a little Dream Theater derivative. The more I listened though... Well, it became my most listened to album last year, by far. The new DT sounds great, particularly if it doesn't represent the whole album, but I think that I might be looking forward to this a bit more.

Just ordered the new Queensryche album too. Woohoo. Exciting new bands, plus keen anticipation for the new Qr and DT albums and, judging by the excellent Arch/Matheos album probably a great album coming from Fates Warning. It's like it is 1992 all over again :)

Looking forward to new DT as well but Haken has gotten me a little more excited as well. New Fates Warning! About time,that should be awesome too.
The new Queensryche self-titled album with Todd La Torre on vocals is a really strong come back.

Oh and also keenly anticipating the Zierler Project CD. This is th lineup...

* Finn Zierler (BEYOND TWILIGHT) - Keyboards
* Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, FATES WARNING, ARCH/MATHEOS, SEBASTIAN BACH, ICED EARTH) - Drums
* Per Nilsson (SCAR SYMMETRY, KAIPA) – Guitar, Bass
* Kelly Sundown Carpenter (BEYOND TWILIGHT, DARKOLOGY, EPYSODE, OUTWORLD) - Vocals
* Truls Haugen (INSENSE, CIRCUS MAXIMUS) - Vocals, Bass

This is the oh so brief teaser: ZIERLER PROJECTS: MATRIX I - "A New Beginning" - YouTube

Oh, and there is another LaBrie album with Sfogli and Guillory et al on the way, and this one has Peter Wichers thrown in to the mix.

The new James Labrie album is pretty good.

judging by the excellent Arch/Matheos album probably a great album coming from Fates Warning. It's like it is 1992 all over again :)

Arch/Matheos was one of my favorites from last year, really good. Hopefully that translates into a great FW album.

You might like a band called Jolly, pretty under the radar prog. Really cool video even if you don't like the song.

Back
Top Bottom