Who has a great Octavia sound?

rdpar

Inspired
I heard a guy last night that had a great rig. A'65 bassman head into a jcm800 combo. but only used the speaker from the marshall . HIs pedal was a Precision electronics "experience pedal" . it's an octave fuzz. It sounded absolutely perfect. Not too bassey or nasally. Soooo , anybody got that "perfect" Octavia sound.??:):)

I have tried that but it takes a lot of tweeking and , well , still not right to my ears. Thanks for you're reply

I have tried that but it takes a lot of tweeking and , well , still not right to my ears. Thanks for you're reply
Works fine for me... You want to use your neck pickup up near the 12th fret or higher.

You can also try lowering the gain and feed a different drive into it if you want a different flavor.

Everyone’s ears and taste are different I guess. I don’t think it needs any tweaking at all, nails the octave up tone IMO

I previously owned a Chicago Iron, a Roger Mayer Octavio, and a Catalinbread Octopussy and have since sold all of them, since the Axe sounds every bit as good, again IMO

Might be an issue of your guitar or pickups or technique. Roll back the tone a bit and play with the neck pickup around the 12th fret for the most octave effect, this is true of the pedals and the Axe model

Back
Top Bottom