Who else is upgrading to Axe-FX III TURBO? :-)

I have a MkII - Dont see any reason to upgrade.

There hasn't been any marketing material that tells you what you're actually getting with the turbo module. If its just more DSP then I dont need it for preset size.

If there are block updates coming down the line which can only be used with the DSP Turbo then I might consider it.

I think i'll just order a turbo sticker to tune my mk1, and put some tint glass on the screen with low rider wheels
LOL when mk2 came out , i felt bad about not having rgb as i thought i could have made my axe fx red and color coordinate it with my PC.
But then i just turned my pc Blue. and now i'm cool hahah.

I wonder if these chips can be overclocked , and a better cooling alternative can be installed. That would interest me far more than getting a turbo. Since i tend to overclock all my pc gear.

Last edited:
LOL whe mk2 came out about not having rgb , i felt bad as i thought i could have made my axe fx red and color coordinate it with my PC.
But then i just turned my Blue. and now i'm cool hahah.

I wonder if these chips can overclocked , and a better cooling alternative can be installed. That would interest me far more than getting a turbo. Since i tend to overclock all my pc gear.
Yes overclocking on pc is good but here you'd have to find a better refreshing solution... Quite risky for a maximum 20% gain

Same here. I need to learn my DAW a whole lot more before I worry about what is feeding it :')
Problem with that is you’ll stop playing guitar. I only play these days for gigs and spend most of my time at my desk mixing for other people while looking at my mostly unused AxeFXIII (for now).

Problem with that is you’ll stop playing guitar. I only play these days for gigs and spend most of my time at my desk mixing for other people while looking at my mostly unused AxeFXIII (for now).

Well I have to record the stuff to work on it haha.

I have an EP I need to mix, but lately I would rather noodle so I've been doing that. I do know once I sit down to do some production I'll gain a lot of very useful knowledge.

Well I have to record the stuff to work on it haha.

I have an EP I need to mix, but lately I would rather noodle so I've been doing that. I do know once I sit down to do some production I'll gain a lot of very useful knowledge.
What daw are you trying to master?

Last edited:
I am really digging the FullRez IRs, however, a pair of FullRez room IRs takes up a considerable amount of DSP, a very basic preset would cause the CPU meter to get quite close to the WARNING zone :cry:

Who else is considering upgrading to TURBO for 25% more horse power...? :p

FractalAudio:
”The increased CPU usage has nothing to do with FullRes. It's due to fixing this "bug":”

Thread:

Bug, Fixed: Scene switching - bypass/mute/unmute problems​

”The fix required adding code to every block's input processing.”

”Regardless I have made improvements in CPU usage for 17.01 with it using even less CPU than 16.05.”

Back
Top Bottom