Who else is upgrading to Axe-FX III TURBO? :-)

Mark Al

Inspired
I am really digging the FullRez IRs, however, a pair of FullRez room IRs takes up a considerable amount of DSP, a very basic preset would cause the CPU meter to get quite close to the WARNING zone :cry:

Who else is considering upgrading to TURBO for 25% more horse power...? :p

Last edited:
I am really digging the FullRez IRs, however, a pair of FullRez room IRs takes up a considerable amount of DSP, a very basic preset below would cause the CPU meter to get quite close to the WARNING zone :cry:

1633222228895-png.89519
My Turbo will be here tomorrow!

Is there any extra wait time with getting the Turbo option? Don't know if it's a 'drop-in' or a mobo?

Mk I here. I won't be getting the Mk II or the Turbo. More than content with the Mk I and no need for the newest model. Others have differing needs and requirements so glad the option is there for them. If the only reason is to have the latest iteration, I'm glad they have the resources to do so.

I am really digging the FullRez IRs, however, a pair of FullRez room IRs takes up a considerable amount of DSP, a very basic preset would cause the CPU meter to get quite close to the WARNING zone :cry:

My Turbo will be here Wednesday (ordered Friday). For the last 6 days, I've been Fractal-less for the first time since 2010. Only thing keeping me from severe withdrawals is my Lovepedal Purple Plexi....

I cringe at the idea of being Fractal-less.... :grimacing: :tearsofjoy:
Yeah, wasn't really the plan, but sold my FM3 after getting another AxeFX3. Then Matt announced the turbo version, so I sent my new Mk. 2 back on day 15, and pushed the turbo button. Those fullres IRs sounded great but were really thrashing the CPU.....

Last edited:
I’m very happy with my MkII, and was happy that I got mine right after the MkII was introduced. However, now there‘s the Turbo, and next year there will be something else, and then a year after that. Late adopters of the FM3 are now faced with the FM9. It never stops. So as long as you know this will keep happening, and can accept it, you’ll be fine. But this incrementalism has a downside. Look at line 6, who have stuck with the helix design for seven years now. that machine is long in the tooth, but at least the users have a mostly unified product, and haven’t had to deal with upgrading every year.

Mk I here. I won't be getting the Mk II or the Turbo. More than content with the Mk I and no need for the newest model. Others have differing needs and requirements so glad the option is there for them. If the only reason is to have the latest iteration, I'm glad they have the resources to do so.

This.

Prices south of the border are really, reeeeally Premium, so unless the Turbo gets something ABSOLUTELY game changing and exclusive to it, then I might change my mind.

I'm really happy with my MK I and I'd rather wait a few years until the hypothetical next-gen Axe-FX IV sees the light. Axe-FX III in all it's iterations is still a beast. But I never say never, you know... :)

Back
Top Bottom