Who can help me getting the Govan Badger Tone?

Note that Drive and Gain are sort of backwards on a Badger. Drive is actually Master Volume and Gain is Drive.

You need a V30 2x12 IR otherwise the bass will be very boomy

Here's what youd set in the axe fx
Drive - 2 oclock
Bass - Noon
Mids - 3 oclock
Treble - 1 oclock
Master - up all the way

Alot of his soloing sound is also the Koko boost, so to emulate it best, I would try an RC booster in front of the amp block, drive at zero, mids and treble up, and then push the level. Hope that helps :)

Theres a rig rundown of him from several years back where he also shows some of the sounds, you could always tonematch it. :)

I know the Drive and Gain thing with the Badger already so this isn't the problem. I just can't get that full and rich but yet transparent sound like guthrie. Maybe it's because there isn't a fitting 2x12 Cab?

I took at stab at this and to my ears got pretty close by copying the settings in the picture and then putting an Esoteric RCB in front.
Settings for the RCB:
Drive: 3.2
Tone: 8.5
Level: 7.8

The Badgers are "pedal platforms". You get your boost and tone shaping from your drive pedals.

I took at stab at this and to my ears got pretty close by copying the settings in the picture and then putting an Esoteric RCB in front.
Settings for the RCB:
Drive: 3.2
Tone: 8.5
Level: 7.8

The Badgers are "pedal platforms". You get your boost and tone shaping from your drive pedals.

Love your Badger 18 model. Have to audition it with UltraRes! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since im like the laziest person on the planet, when someone is satisfied with the said badger sound, post your preset, i have a suhr ready and waiting to soak it up

Back
Top Bottom