Who are 100% satisfied with their Axes now after 10?

ultra now II, not one hiccup in a pinch.
99%, the other 1% is on me,
It's so crisp you can hear all my clams
Its like standing in a crowd in your underwear. Work it!

Last edited:
I'm completely happy with the amp modeling, there are sooo many sweet sounding amps now but.........I hope for more new effects and effects variations.

I was completely satisfied with my Axe-Standard. The Axe-Fx II continues to exceeded my expectations every time I turn it on. I also love that it keeps getting noticeably better with each firmware update. While I am completely satisfied with it, I am always thrilled to see new features, improvements, and models with each update. (hoping for an Engl Savage sometime soon!! :) ).

I am 100% satisfied with the way the product is being developed, with such high standards in mind. The sweet distortions that the AXE can produce has improve so much, and the ease with which one can dial a good/great sound is just astounding.

Well a lot more can be put into this magical unit, but right now I am not able to cope with the amounts of f***ing good tones that there is in it, so if there was more, I would be in more trouble.

I LOVE V. 10 not only are previous amps even more tasty sounding but a few of the recently introduced amps now make we want to play till the cows come home. The Atomic Space Tone - nuclear tone - is a fantastic amp. I spent at least 2 hours with it this weekend and it sounds delicious. If you have ever wanted a big amp in tiny package, I think this is it.

I am still exploring the older amp models and yes they all just sound so much better more forgiving and really much less tweaking to get a great sound.

I have one guitar with EMG' single coils that still only sounds good with certain presets. I amp not a fan of the EMG's so back in with the old pickups. Tom Anderson VA1's.

I was happy with the Ultra. V10 just blew me away! I had a "Holy Shitballs" moment yesterday when I tried the FAS Modern!

through all these years, I've been using lots of amps and modelers, but using axe since couple of months ago is pure magic. I live in Iran and getting a piece of equipment like a fractal audio is not an easy thing to do, the price, shipment, etc... But it worth every penny. Thank you FAS!

It's weird! I'm always 100% satisfied, and then they go an improve the thing. My mind then makes a leap and I go back to the previous firmware and realise that I'm not satisfied with the old one, and need to use the new one.

It's like constant GAS that I didn't know I had.

If there such a thing as firmware GAS.....? :D:D

To echo what most people are saying, the Ultra changed what I thought of modellers, and the axe 2 completely cemented that.
There's no going back now!

I'd say I'm 99% satisfied. There's always room for improvement with any product. Nothing is perfect.

Really, the only thing I can think of that I'd like is more IRs. The IR influences the tone more than anything else. I'd like to see the addition of IRs that are really unique. IMO, there's plenty already that sound good for Fender cleans and Marshall-type medium gain. I'd like to see some interesting, unique ones added that are suited to high gain tones. For example, more H75s, M75s, G12T75s. Maybe Celestion Classic Lead 80s, etc. Basically anything unique that we don't have a lot of variations for currently.

I've never been dissatisfied, but I am MORE satisfied now. I can't imagine any scenario in which the typical tube amp/cab setup would be preferable to the Axe and FRFR. At least based on what's currently available.

On the FRFR side of things: I will be happy if Matrix, Atomic, or someone comes up with a 2x12 and 4x12 FRFR solution that looks like and can compete with a typical amp/cab setup in loudness. I know they're close now, but I'd like to maintain the classic backline look if possible. I probably need to try the CLRs at some point. I have a powered wedge (which I run passively with a GT1000FX) and while I love the tone, it's probably not quite loud enough for all applications, and it looks like a monitor, not a classic backline amp.

I only had the Axe II a few weeks and loaded FW 10 this weekend. I love it, just going through amps as I had a chance yesterday and Sat night, excellent have not tweaked anythin just exploring. Also have not gotten into the effects yet, or much. But FW10 responds so much better naturally to my pedal board--heavy on the fuzzs. A thanks to FAS team.

I'm still a little undecided on V10.0
I thought 9.02 was easily the best FW released to date. I like the new added functionality and I like the
fact that now with 10.0 I don't need to deal with tweaking the Sag/pick attack/transformer match to get a more realistic "feel" like I had to
in previous releases, it just seems to be 'there" now. 9.02 was a little smoother and less fizzy sounding to me (which I "get" is closer to the real deal)
it has just added a bit of a kink to my patch tweaking. doew turning off grid modeling still have any effect on killing fizz like it used to ?
I'm hoping it's a minor a tweak as that to make me 100% happy. right now I'd have t say I'm about 80% there. Some amps sound way better to me others do not
but they are not far off, I just need to figure out how to get them "there" again.
Honestly I probably would've been content with staying on 9.02 (I had zero complaints with 9.02 I thought it was almost perfect)
but I love to mess with user cabs so i wanted the new producer cabs and the added slots.

Back
Top Bottom