Who all is running out of CPU?

Quite possible I'm missing the big picture. I'm just surprised there's no opening where he could change patches. But if that's really true, then it is.
Sometimes there are silences and sometimes there aren’t it depends on the setlist s and the songs. Sometimes I stand there for a whole minute while the piano does an intro, sometimes I am cross fading guitar parts from one song to the next.

So I cover most p&w songs with a kitchen sink preset I don’t have any cutouts like you’re talking about. How many gain stages do you actually use? I run 3 drives and stack for a lead. 2 reverbs high. 3 delays. Chorus, comp, pitch, plex. 2 irs on max and I’m about 85%...I really don’t have any perceived drop outs. I copy the preset and layout my scenes per song while also saving the tempo per preset to match the click. With the spillover function in the global menu it it’s fluid. From there if a song needs something like a flanger I simply add the effect in place of something like the pitch block that I might not need. I have also laid out my FC to control 5 scenes tap/tuner and those core effects and all of its channels except for delay 3. I use the top right switch to access presets and use the same to get back to my perform page it’s very fluid.

Attachments

• E2170F7A-FBD9-4823-8C00-014FC545A639.jpeg
    E2170F7A-FBD9-4823-8C00-014FC545A639.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
  • F2A8B08D-C27A-48B0-A748-36CE4CA48487.jpeg
    F2A8B08D-C27A-48B0-A748-36CE4CA48487.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
So I cover most p&w songs with a kitchen sink preset I don’t have any cutouts like you’re talking about. How many gain stages do you actually use? I run 3 drives and stack for a lead. 2 reverbs high. 3 delays. Chorus, comp, pitch, plex. 2 irs on max and I’m about 85%...I really don’t have any perceived drop outs. I copy the preset and layout my scenes per song while also saving the tempo per preset to match the click. With the spillover function in the global menu it it’s fluid. From there if a song needs something like a flanger I simply add the effect in place of something like the pitch block that I might not need. I have also laid out my FC to control 5 scenes tap/tuner and those core effects and all of its channels except for delay 3. I use the top right switch to access presets and use the same to get back to my perform page it’s very fluid.
So I could lay out my presets like that but I am trying to get away from swapping presets between songs. The plex delays don’t spill over and I swell between songs sometimes so this is pretty important.
Scenes also don’t work for what I’m doing because I need my time based FX to work as a separate rig from my gain staging and I need more than 8 sounds.

So I could lay out my presets like that but I am trying to get away from swapping presets between songs. The plex delays don’t spill over and I swell between songs sometimes so this is pretty important.
Scenes also don’t work for what I’m doing because I need my time based FX to work as a separate rig from my gain staging and I need more than 8 sounds.
Guess you'll have to find a rig with fewer limitations ;)

I honestly think that there is not a rig out there that is even close to matching the Axe-FX iii for what I am using it for! It’s really incredible!
It’s definitely still got room for improvement though.

Sounds like a problem that could be solved if blocks could be set to follow scene change, channel state of block X, or to just remain static through scene changes....

Come on guys. Who here is having a problem with wrapping out your Mc Laren at anything past 227 MPH because it's rpm's and HP just can't handle your driving....

Back
Top Bottom