Whitesnake - Is This Love SOLO VIDEO + patch (fw Q2.00)

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
My take on one of my favorite solos by the great John Sykes \m/

Here's the patch (XL/XL+) , plus some screenshots for the fellow AxeII users here ;)

Attachments

• John Sykes SOLO.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 5 CHORUS.png
    5 CHORUS.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 4 EQ.png
    4 EQ.png
    230.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 2 AMP.png
    2 AMP.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 3 CABS.png
    3 CABS.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 1 DRIVE.png
    1 DRIVE.png
    311.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 6 DELAY.png
    6 DELAY.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 7 REVERB.png
    7 REVERB.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 8 ENHANCE.png
    8 ENHANCE.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 179
Super smooth playing on that one - very nice! Really captured the original vibe with that patch.

Great Tone & playing Rocco , love your videos !!

Does the original have some kind of a Harmoniser above the lead , perhaps 1oct up or something ?

thanks a lot guys!!

Great Tone & playing Rocco , love your videos !!

Does the original have some kind of a Harmoniser above the lead , perhaps 1oct up or something ?

thanks bro! I honestly have no idea! I've noticed it too but in my opinion it's too subtle to be an actual harmonizer..it could just be the natural harmonics of the guitar reacting to the amp gain, that would explain why it's more audible on certain notes and less on others..but who knows what kind of trickery they used in the studio :)

thanks a lot guys!!

thanks bro! I honestly have no idea! I've noticed it too but in my opinion it's too subtle to be an actual harmonizer..it could just be the natural harmonics of the guitar reacting to the amp gain, that would explain why it's more audible on certain notes and less on others..but who knows what kind of trickery they used in the studio :)

Exactly, I often thought about this solo to record but that high part....:(
I noticed John Sykes had this sound more often....maybe there is a John Sykes expert around here...:)

Anyhow, great job and keep em coming Rocco :):)

Very nicely played. I have only one small objection - that wide vibrato at the beginning should be played as triplets, you're way too slow ;)

Great job Rocco, sounds spot on! Love the sustain. Tried the patch and it works really well, thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom