AFIII Whitesnake - “Here I Go Again” solo cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
One of my fantastic students wanted to learn this great solo from the 80s classic “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake, featuring a guitar solo from the great Adrian Vandenberg. It’s short but oh so good! That ending run is super tricky, and it’s not perfect, but here’s a quick recording I just made of it. All the guitars here are me, using my Suhr Modern into my Axe-Fx III (Firmware 10.02), then direct to Logic with a backing track and no post processing. Lead preset is attached below. Cab block has two user Ownhammer IR's: OH 412 MAR-CB V30 57-00 and OH 412 FMAN V30M 121-00. I was on scene 2 in the video. The rhythm guitars are using the JP2C Yellow preset from @unscarred which you can find on this thread https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/jp2-c-yellow.149442/

Attachments

• Here I Go Again lead.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 4.48.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 4.48.35 PM.png
    503.7 KB · Views: 58
Well done! That last run in the solo always trips me up when i try to play it. You make it look effort less!
Great tone too!

Well done! That last run in the solo always trips me up when i try to play it. You make it look effort less!
Great tone too!
Thank you! I kept getting tripped up too, had to play it a 100 times to clean it up haha!

Great playing and tone!! Though I'm pretty sure (like 99.9%) John Sykes did all of the guitar work on that album.

One of my fantastic students wanted to learn this great solo from the 80s classic “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake, featuring a guitar solo from the great Adrian Vandenberg. It’s short but oh so good! That ending run is super tricky, and it’s not perfect, but here’s a quick recording I just made of it. All the guitars here are me, using my Suhr Modern into my Axe-Fx III (Firmware 10.02), then direct to Logic with a backing track and no post processing. Lead preset is attached below. Cab block has two user Ownhammer IR's: OH 412 MAR-CB V30 57-00 and OH 412 FMAN V30M 121-00. I was on scene 2 in the video. The rhythm guitars are using the JP2C Yellow preset from @unscarred which you can find on this thread https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/jp2-c-yellow.149442/

Well done...nice playing...sounds awesome.
Thank a lot for the preset. So nice with shared presets made with the same cabs and guitar I have :)

Back
Top Bottom