Whitesnake Bad Boys Tone

manatarms

I'm a fan of John Sykes and all the stuff he did with Whitesnake. Saying that, I can't really play like him, even though I'd like to. :)

Someone asked for a "Bad Boys" Tone, so I give this a shot. The amp setup is based upon a John Sykes preset Leon Todd showed on his YouTube channel, so make sure you give him a like and subscribe to his channel, if you haven't already. I changed cabinets and effects from what he had and modified some of the amp settings to work with my EVH Standard guitar, but it gave me the basics for how John's amp would have been set up. Not being a Mesa guy, I'm glad he has some nice tricks for dialing in the Mesa Mark IV amp. I used my stereo studio monitors for dialing in the tone, so you'll want to make adjustments for your equipment. I'm pretty happy with it even though I don't necessarily play it correctly.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9288

I'm a fan of John Sykes and all the stuff he did with Whitesnake. Saying that, I can't really play like him, even though I'd like to. :)

Someone asked for a "Bad Boys" Tone, so I give this a shot. The amp setup is based upon a John Sykes preset Leon Todd showed on his YouTube channel, so make sure you give him a like and subscribe to his channel, if you haven't already. I changed cabinets and effects from what he had and modified some of the amp settings to work with my EVH Standard guitar, but it gave me the basics for how John's amp would have been set up. Not being a Mesa guy, I'm glad he has some nice tricks for dialing in the Mesa Mark IV amp. I used my stereo studio monitors for dialing in the tone, so you'll want to make adjustments for your equipment. I'm pretty happy with it even though I don't necessarily play it correctly.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9288

Have another request. John Sykes rhythm and lead tone in the song Dawning of a brand-new day. Please and thank you.

Have another request. John Sykes rhythm and lead tone in the song Dawning of a brand-new day. Please and thank you.

Update, I can get these exact tones by using my real jp2c amp in shred mode with my prs 594 with Doug Aldridge pickups. its spot on.

Back
Top Bottom