White screen ONLY until restart?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So this happen 3 days ago. Then again yesterday and right now again (Saturday 10:10pm EST) If I don't do anything it stays on the white blank screen indefinitely.. If I turn it off and back on again it is fine?
I searched for white screen hang, etc and found nothing. Has this happen to anyone else? I know, contact Fractal but I wanted to check here first.
FW104 beta 4 I guess. I saw their is a newer one today. Doesn't mention my issue though. NO, FM3 Edit is not open when this happens.
Anyone?

The Fractal audio control panel seems fine, I guess. It says sample rate 48hz and I know that is the fractal rate. Asio Buffer is 512 in the driver panel and safe mode is checked? Not sure why that is.

Last edited:
OK, so no one else? I just emailed support and hope to hear from them tomorrow...................................

@brianv4 Mailed it back today. The customer service was great 11 years ago and it just gets better imho. After discussions with fractal support they thought it best to send it in. I do still have my AX8, so I'm good.

White Screen of Death.

Today I was using a pretty busy preset at about 80%.
I had the editor connected. I am on latest versions.

I was using the Looper when the white wave came across the display and locked it up. Reboot and seems normal.
Are people sending in their units when this happens ? Or a known Bug ?
I can attach the preset if this help.
thx

I’m getting this too. Firmware updates don’t fix it. I bought it used so I guess I’ll have to cover cost.

so far it always works on reboot

Mine was doing exactly that. Then USB stopped working altogether. Had to contact support and send it in.
Exact same happened with me. I hadn’t been using it that much, so it was 7-8 months after I purchased that I found the issue.

It happens at startup so it can’t be heat. I’ve also had screen flicker to a lesser extent.

as you can see in this thread, the issue requires repair, so my $900 unit is gonna cost likely $400 to repair with shipping.

Back
Top Bottom