WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH

MKeditor

Experienced
Practiced at home for a couple of hours. Went to rehearsal, set up...WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH. I had to use my emergency pedalboard...which sucked. 14 years with the Axe-FX. Only two problems ever. That's a great track record...but it sucks when it breaks. Currently with the Axe-FX III Turbo less than a year old. Ugh. I contacted support and waiting to hear back. I've read that sometimes this is caused by a loose ribbon or cards becoming loose in the sockets. I'm hoping they can coach me via video chat and not have to ship. Has anyone worked with Fractal support via video?white screen of death.jpg?

The screen being all white can be caused due to ribbon cable attached to the display being loose. But it more often than not is a display issue.
I had this issue once . but i play on my desk. so i still managed to play for a couple weeks with axe edit before i got it replaced as the ribbon cable trick didnt work.
Fractal support can make you a video if you request them to for the cable reconnection its pretty simple.

However best to get a new screen,

The screen being all white can be caused due to ribbon cable attached to the display being loose. But it more often than not is a display issue.
I had this issue once . but i play on my desk. so i still managed to play for a couple weeks with axe edit before i got it replaced as the ribbon cable trick didnt work.
Fractal support can make you a video if you request them to for the cable reconnection its pretty simple.

However best to get a new screen,
The black box makes no sound.

Practiced at home for a couple of hours. Went to rehearsal, set up...WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH. I had to use my emergency pedalboard...which sucked. 14 years with the Axe-FX. Only two problems ever. That's a great track record...but it sucks when it breaks. Currently with the Axe-FX III Turbo less than a year old. Ugh. I contacted support and waiting to hear back. I've read that sometimes this is caused by a loose ribbon or cards becoming loose in the sockets. I'm hoping they can coach me via video chat and not have to ship. Has anyone worked with Fractal support via video?View attachment 108901?
I feel terrible about your issue and hope you get it resolved asap. But is that what really pops up on the axe fx screen is some wizard ?? Lmao

This happened to me before with my mkI. Was intermittent at first and then at some point it got completely stuck on the white screen...

Sent it to Nice Rack Canada in Toronto (who do the Service Repairs for Fractal in Canada) and they ended up having to change the LCD.. but it was just fine after that, never had any other issues with it.

If the image on the front is real, then that screen is probably OK. It sounds like maybe it failed one of the initialization sequences. I'd disconnect all the connections on the back except for power and see if it boots up properly.

Practiced at home for a couple of hours. Went to rehearsal, set up...WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH. I had to use my emergency pedalboard...which sucked. 14 years with the Axe-FX. Only two problems ever. That's a great track record...but it sucks when it breaks. Currently with the Axe-FX III Turbo less than a year old. Ugh. I contacted support and waiting to hear back. I've read that sometimes this is caused by a loose ribbon or cards becoming loose in the sockets. I'm hoping they can coach me via video chat and not have to ship. Has anyone worked with Fractal support via video?View attachment 108901?

Rebirth of the white screen of death thread: White Screen Early Detection and Self Exam?

Nice Photoshop work.

Good news: My Axe-FX III Turbo was under warranty. They replaced the whole DSP module. It's on it's way back and will arrive Friday.

Bad news: My presets are gone. I'll have to restore from a backup. It's been a few months, so I'll lose out on some things. I will backup more often going forward.

All in all, Fractal has great customer service. Every company has mistakes and failures. It's how they're handled that makes the difference. Fractal does a stellar job.

Back
Top Bottom