White Screen of Death

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup? :)

Well,, I loaded up 1.09 tonight and I was up and Jamming, left the room for about 10 min. and came back in picked up my guitar and started playing. I must not have noticed but when I turned around it was to a pure white screen, and was like WTF???? I shut down and reboot... Same.

So I do a search and found this thread..( https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...1-09-update-any-startup-options.139285/page-2 ) and read that,, I tried booting with the HOME button pressed,, Same. Tried HOME + EDIT pressed,, Same. Tried <page + page> and according to Fractalbot, it reverted to vers 0.1 but still a white screen.

So I reloaded 1.08, according to fractalbot that loaded, but now I have no sound either. So,, i reload 1.09, Fractalbot says it loaded, still have a white screen,, but now I have sound again. Axe-edit also shows 1.09 and I can see and change all my presets and edit within the preset, just have a white screen.

I'm gonna try saving all my presets now, anything else to try before contacting support?

MOSHON
DAVE

20180612_224358.jpg

Yep, I made a support ticket last night.
Odd thing is unlike the other instances where the whole unit is unresponsive,, I still have sound, and can change and edit via Fractalbot and axe-edit. I did get to save the presets I wanted, and did a backup, so at least there's that.

MOSHON
DAVE

I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago. In addition to the White Screen,
my input/output LED's were pegged. Completely unresponsive.
Could not get past this with any Boot options.
I created a Support ticket. Sent unit back to Fractal on Monday,
they received on Wed., repaired it on same day. It was shipped back
on Thursday and it was delivered on Friday! I'm in CT so I'm only a
few hours away.

Mine needed a new Main board. Very quick & excellent service!
Back in business, so far so good.

Good Luck!

Well,, It's in the wind on it's way back to the Mother Ship. Good thing I still have my Axe-II,, or I'd REALLY be having withdrawals...lol

MOSHON
DAVE

Sorry to hear about your Axe III, good luck with everything. I just got my issue resolved with Matt yesterday, took about an hour on the phone He was really helpful, turns out my factory cabs weren't loaded at the factory...o_O He helped me with Fractal Bot and Axe Edit too :)

That's a really nice looking studio you have there, the only issue I see is it looks like the Axe Fx is too far away. You need it close so you can hug it and comfort it, especially in times of crisis ;)

Agghhh, This just happened to me! Maybe used it 5 times. I contacted support and they responded within about 5 minutes, Still nervous since I just joined a new band, have to learn and program 50 songs for our first gig in 3 weeks.

Sup? ;-)
Agghhh, This just happened to me! Maybe used it 5 times. I contacted support and they responded within about 5 minutes, Still nervous since I just joined a new band, have to learn and program 50 songs for our first gig in 3 weeks.

If Axe-edit will still recognize your unit start doing some backups. luckily, mine was just the screen unlike some other reports and all my presets are still intact.

Your in good hands, and you seem to be relatively close to the mothership, so I would think your turnaround should be pretty swift.

MOSHON
DAVE

Sup? ;-)

If Axe-edit will still recognize your unit start doing some backups. luckily, mine was just the screen unlike some other reports and all my presets are still intact.

Your in good hands, and you seem to be relatively close to the mothership, so I would think your turnaround should be pretty swift.

MOSHON
DAVE

I sent it back this morning so I’m hoping for a swift return. I’ve only had it for a few days so I didn’t have too much on it yet. Any problems with your unit since it was returned?

I sent it back this morning so I’m hoping for a swift return. I’ve only had it for a few days so I didn’t have too much on it yet. Any problems with your unit since it was returned?

Good luck Swabere, hope you have a quick turnaround like Moshman :).

I've notice that my screen flickers once in a while when changing presets. I hope it's just a firmware thing, I'm still running 1.09, perhaps it's time to update.

Good luck Swabere, hope you have a quick turnaround like Moshman :).

I've notice that my screen flickers once in a while when changing presets. I hope it's just a firmware thing, I'm still running 1.09, perhaps it's time to update.

Thank you. FYI there was no flickering on mine. It was fine the night before and when I turned it on the next day it was white with Grey lines. I could see pixels moving around, but could not see anything.

Back
Top Bottom