White Screen Early Detection and Self Exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My backup is a simple Tech 21 preamp pedal, with cab modeling.
If my rig fails it will take 1 or 2 minutes to switch.
Is the sound comparable? Of course not.
Will it let me finish the gig? Sure.
Will the audience notice? Many won’t.

P.S. My Axe-Fx has never failed me, since 2009.
I know! I had an XL+ and now the III and it's been rock solid.

I have my own backup strategies like everybody else here, but that's not what I was talking/wanted to talk about.
I simply wanted to take the matters to into my own hands and do something, if that's what's happening.

Um dude, I suggested the Firebox as an inexpensive and compact backup solution if your worried. I in no way suggested it was a replacement for the III.

Anything can fail. Turn on your amp, “pop” goes the transformer and your done for. Tubes can blow, you can trip over a cord and drop your rack, you can get hit by a bus on your way to the gig, you could get food poisioning and be unable to take the stage etc etc

If the biggest worry is the “white screen of death” you’ve got it pretty easy
I know you did, dude! But that's not what I was talking about!

Go back and read my the subject and the first post and please stop throwing those big words that have nothing to do with this thread.

If anyone is so worried about the sound quality of a backup, or playing gigs so important it matters, then do what the pro touring acts do and have a duplicate rig you can switch to on the fly. Problem solved lol

Let’s face it, 99% of crowds most of us play for will not notice if we played a III or an original POD

Heck, 99% of crowds I’ve played for could care less if I just took my busted gear and went home without playing a note LOL
Once again, I was not talking about backups.
Also, I strongly disagree that having a duplicated rig solves the problem because it's a "duplicated rig" - in your word - that could go wrong anytime, so... where' the guarantee that your backup won't need a backup? Hey, I should just start with the backup!

No! not my crowd! There were and will be many famous rock musicians hanging and listening to me.
No! Not because of me, because of the headliner! Haha!

Also, I strongly disagree that having a duplicated rig solves the problem because it's a "duplicated rig" - in your word - that could go wrong anytime, so... where' the guarantee that your backup won't need a backup? Hey, I should just start with the backup!

You are always looking at odds... odds of 2 rigs going down are minimal, if even possible. I personally think it can be counted on more than one hand, unless you have some genetic defect ;)

Anything can happen. Mine was fine at soundcheck, 2 mins before playing.... poof. So a backup would have done little, unless you have a radial switcher like Devin where you can push a button and be on the other rig.

You are always looking at odds... odds of 2 rigs going down are minimal, if even possible. I personally think it can be counted on more than one hand, unless you have some genetic defect ;)

Anything can happen. Mine was fine at soundcheck, 2 mins before playing.... poof. So a backup would have done little, unless you have a radial switcher like Devin where you can push a button and be on the other rig.
I can't imagine what went through your head 2 minutes before the hit.

We all know how simple, quick and small things make a huge difference? Like powering down and up while depressing down on some knobs/buttons and it's on again? I just want to be able to do something First Aid! That's it.

No! not my crowd! There were and will be many famous rock musicians hanging and listening to me.
No! Not because of me, because of the headliner! Haha!
If you have both your main and backup fail at the same time. That is just some bad luck.

I’m a cave diver, and I take 1 primary and 3 backup torches on every dive. If all 4 fail on a cave dive, I was meant to die that day.

Or save your precious life by reading the warning sign, like "Don't Dive Here", in this case, "Oh! Ok! He's not talking about backups!"

I always have ye olde Digitech GNX4 if I have to use it. I couldn't afford to keep my Axe-FX II after getting the III. On another note, this thread title looks like it belongs on WebMD.

Thank you, FractalAudio!

What if I'm at a show, turned it up and then see the White Screen? What kind of First Aid should I perform? Should I open up the III and look for a loose cable?

You should still get sound no? You can't get by by just switching presets? Then inspect unit, call support after returning from the gig?

You should still get sound no? You can't get by by just switching presets? Then inspect unit, call support after returning from the gig?

Exactly what I did. Still didn't help thinking "my shit is going to break, it's going to break" the entire set. He just wanted to know if some field fix was available. From what I understand, it's no.

Thank you for not mentioning anything about backups! Wow!

I don't know sound or no sound, because it hasn't happened to me yet and hopefully never.
I also don't know how to inspect the unit or what to look for and that was the reason why I started this threat. Quick tip or First Aid, if there's any.

Exactly what I did. Still didn't help thinking "my shit is going to break, it's going to break" the entire set. He just wanted to know if some field fix was available. From what I understand, it's no.
Yes! Exactly! Thank you! Whew! Haha!
I haven't said the word, "backup". Not once! Haha!

Thank you for not mentioning anything about backups! Wow!

I don't know sound or no sound, because it hasn't happened to me yet and hopefully never.
I also don't know how to inspect the unit or what to look for and that was the reason why I started this threat. Quick tip or First Aid, if there's any.
There is none. Can we please let this thread die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom