• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

White noise at boot up

tjontheroad

Inspired
Anyone else experience this? Just turned on my FM9 with the 2.0 beta and was blasted with very loud white noise coming out. Made me jump out of my chair :dizzy: I'm connected via spidf to my AU Apollo X6 interface.

Reboot fixed the issue.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It should not, but the receiving side could possibly create noise if it is set to chase external wordclock and then fails to lock to SPDIF clock.
I might suggest turning it on after the FM9 is booted.

Nozkcb

Anyone else experience this? Just turned on my FM9 with the 2.0 beta and was blasted with very loud white noise coming out. Made me jump out of my chair :dizzy: I'm connected via spidf to my AU Apollo X6 interface.

Reboot fixed the issue.
I just had this issue yesterday with my FM9 where Output 1 had no signal, and Output 3 was a blasting white noise.

However, I'm still running the original firmware (1.0). I rebooted it and it was ok. Still makes me nervous.

tjontheroad

Inspired
I just had this issue yesterday with my FM9 where Output 1 had no signal, and Output 3 was a blasting white noise.

However, I'm still running the original firmware (1.0). I rebooted it and it was ok. Still makes me nervous.

Was that right at boot up? FWIW, I've not had it happen again.

Top Bottom