White Lion Riff AxeFx Direct or Please don't change my Uber

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Here's a White Lion riff that I finally decided to learn :)

Oh and lots O reverb just like the 80's :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZvzKSEY_QE&fmt=22

Preset is now here. I have pulled 60hz down by -6.6 and 250hz by -5.8 in the Global OUT 1 eq all else is flat.
I have killed my CC on the mixer block already. So it's ready to use.
The only issue is that I am using two Redwirez IR's. One is the experimental scooped one that they posted for free a while back that Redwire says sounds BAD and one is a 4x12" with v30's 3 in off cone-edge with a 57 I believe??

Sorry I forgot to mark down the names of the IR's in the user slots...my dumb.
You can probably get really close with the stock Cali 4x12 or JCM2000 or V30 and 57 or Royer mic sims. The Royer has much more bottom end.

REMEMBER THE PRESET IS USING USER IR's....you must change these or have IR's in the same slots as mine to get sound.[attachment=2:3ib99yqp]Mark Day White Lion Preset.syx.zip[/attachment:3ib99yqp]

Mark

Preset below is using factory IR's :)

Mark[attachment=1:3ib99yqp]Mark Day White Lion Cali Cabs45.zip[/attachment:3ib99yqp]

More tweaking :)
[attachment=0:3ib99yqp]MarkDay WhtLion GermCali Cabs.syx.zip[/attachment:3ib99yqp]

Attachments

• Mark Day White Lion Preset.syx.zip
    751 bytes · Views: 119
  • Mark Day White Lion Cali Cabs45.zip
    722 bytes · Views: 51
  • MarkDay WhtLion GermCali Cabs.syx.zip
    763 bytes · Views: 43
Re: White Lion Riff AxeFx Direct or Please don't change my U

Great video as always Mark!!! You make old school glam rock sound great!!!

vito bratta is a sorely under appreciated guitar player.

i think his tone & phrasing were incredible.
one of the best that came out of the 80's.

i have no idea whatever became of vito.

larbear63 said:

I bet he got wacked... ;)

Great sound as usual Mark!

How did you loosen up the Uber like that or it just me ears hearing something wrong just after weed wacking :lol:

Cool !!... I hope they DONT change the Uber too... got my tone the way I like it !!... Love your Suhr too !!
I always loved playing Vito's stuff...especially the solo to "Wait"... very under-rated, he was...
LMAO mortega !... hope he didn't get whacked...

Cool.

I always thought that Vitto was great back in the day.

Sounded great Mark!

Love White Lion's version of Radar Love. Vito's a great player, too bad he doesn't playout anymore.

You know that you are one of the prime reasons why I am over here on this forum and have stuff up on e-Bay at the moment don't you?

You are obviously pure evil. :mrgreen:

You've got the best sound on youtube by far and I am not just talking about tone, I mean the sound quality is stellar. The video looks outstanding too, but your levels are always spot on and it's just huge sounding.

Keep posting more videos so that I will eventually sell my son to fund this box of fun.

Preset in original post.

larbear63 said:

I would have to agree with you man. His playing was top notch. What I liked most about him was his chord work. It wasn't your typical power chord bs that 99% of the bands from that time did not to mention any names (Poison).

samhill said:
Preset in original post.

Can't get 'er to save ....

EDIT: NEVERMIND - I got it to save by using the "right click" - "save as" trick !

BTW - did you incorporate Cliff's tip for tightening the bottom end into this preset ? Or was that just your live presets ? I'd love to get a look at how you worked that in too !

THANKS ....

R.D. said:
samhill said:
Preset in original post.

Can't get 'er to save ....

EDIT: NEVERMIND - I got it to save by using the "right click" - "save as" trick !

BTW - did you incorporate Cliff's tip for tightening the bottom end into this preset ? Or was that just your live presets ? I'd love to get a look at how you worked that in too !

THANKS ....

I don't think it's in this preset :)

Mark

samhill said:
I don't think it's in this preset :)

I know you're a busy man, but if you wouldn't mind hooking me ( us ) up with the latest ideration of your main patches ( and the changes ( if any ) to the Global EQ's ) I'd be very appreciative.

I'm actually getting your live presets to work VERY WELL for me by inserting a graphic EQ at the end of the chain and putting your Global EQ settings in ....

I'm not playing GIG volumes, so I don't have to modify them much beyond that and I'm dying to see how you incorporated Cliff's tight bottom trick ....

Couldn't we all use some additional tight bottom from time to time ? I know I could .... ;)

larbear63 said:

I must wholeheartedly agree. I thought Vito was going to be the next big player.

As for what happened to him, there are varying accounts. The most reliable seems to be that, fed up with his producers on the final White Lion album (they made him significantly cut back on trademark fills, and this led him to believe that his creativity was being stifled), he just dropped off the music scene altogether. He now lives in the basement of his mother's home in Staten Island.

There was some talk that Vito sustained some kind of hand or wrist injury, but accounts say that when he actually did surface in the local scene for clinics or jams, there were no indications that his playing was suffering. I tend to believe the stories about him having a hissy fit against his producers, because I remember him going off about them in an interview with a guitar mag back in the day.

What a waste. The guy is seriously talented.

Oh, and Mark...fantastic tone! You made me hunt down my White Lion CD's.

Back
Top Bottom