White Lion - Broken Heart

cdub

Inspired
I really love Vito Bratta's playing & hope he gets back out there someday. This is the first backing track I've ever made from scratch, so its nowhere perfect. This is the version from Mane Attraction - the tone isn't spot on, but its in the ballpark. I used scene1 the Plexi 50w Hi for the rhythm (double tracked) and scene2 the Friedman HBE for the lead. The cabs are all stock. I recorded the bass with my guitar pitch shifting down an octave using the 59 Bassguy amp block with the 4X10 Bassguy M160 cab. The attached patch is for the XL. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Vito.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
Good work cdub.

I too am a big fan of Vito Bratta. I find that all of his compositions are more that the typical eighties rock jams. He actually wrote his guitar parts as if they were songs on their own. His rhythm playing always had interesting chord voicings that actually worked. His solos were like songs on their own. Too bad he didn't have a longer career.

Neil
My thoughts exactly.

Was a big fan of Vitto, saw them on the Mane Attraction tour with Tyketto supporting, great show and Vito was great.
Killer tones on that Mane Attraction record.

Was a big fan of Vitto, saw them on the Mane Attraction tour with Tyketto supporting, great show and Vito was great.
Killer tones on that Mane Attraction record.
Never got to see them live. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that at some point they will do a reunion tour.

Never got to see them live. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that at some point they will do a reunion tour.
I think I've seen White Lion more than any other band (besides Pantera). It seemed that they opened for everyone and their brother back in the day. Always a great show!

I think I've seen White Lion more than any other band (besides Pantera). It seemed that they opened for everyone and their brother back in the day. Always a great show!
I think I've seen just about every other 80s "hair" band, somehow I just missed White Lion. I did manage to catch Pantera several times in the early 90s also. Too bad that is another band we will never see again.

Back
Top Bottom