While we wait for MFC...

danielodland said:
Hehe ok. Well, this thread was started pretty much out of curiosity, and I am certainly not interested in doing something illegal or morally wrong even. Thanks for all replies, please contribute if you know anything about this.
What Rocktron would need is you to send them the AFX specific sysex message format used for transmitting tuning info. You can get that by plucking a few strings and inspecting the MIDI output of the AxeFX using MIDI-OX or any other tool. Or by reading the recently updated thread in this forum with the logical title "Tuner Sysex Message?" Nothing illegal or morally wrong with that IMHO.

The All Access already supports a thing called Remote Mode, which is designed to work with Rocktron rack processors.

From the All Access manual:
When operating the All Access in remote mode with a Rocktron rack unit, changes made from the rack unit itself will be reflected on the footswitch. For example, if button 6 on the All Access is configured to control the Delay In/Out parameter on the rack unit, switching out the delay from the rack unit instead of the All Access will cause the L.E.D. for button 6 on the footswitch to turn off.

In addition, when a preset is changed from the rack unit, the rack sends the status of its mapped parameters to the All Access, causing the corresponding L.E.D.s to turn on or off to reflect the proper status.

In Remote mode, control changes are not sent when an All Access preset switch is pressed, as the status of the instant access switches will be determined by the rack unit.

From this information, it appears that Rocktron have already left hooks in the All Access' firmware to handle incoming communications from a rack unit. A developer would need to customize these routines to handle the Axe-Fx's data stream - given, of course, that Fractal Audio would be willing to share that info with Rocktron.

A bigger question, however, is: Would Rocktron be willing to modify the All Access' firmware, given that they would receive zero compensation for this?

I think it's pretty doubtful.

xrist04 said:
A bigger question, however, is: Would Rocktron be willing to modify the All Access' firmware, given that they would receive zero compensation for this?
The compensation is that more Axe users may be inspired to purchase their product... Seems like pretty good compensation for little work IMO...

Yea, I agree it's doubtful, but my question is, of course, based on the premise that they would be willing. OR if they didnt have to do anything and there was a mod or whatever, I don't know. I'm just asking what it would take, and I think I've gotten some good answers here.

Doesnt really matter that much, as I am getting the MFC as soon as I get the mail from G66, but it'd be great if there was a way. Rocktron apparantly thinks there is a chance it already will work =) So I'm kinda thinking it isnt that far fetched.

Rocktron is going to be forced to do something IMO.

The introduction of so many, much more powerful controllers on the market (and at a more reasonable prices if you bought new) is going to kill much of their business, again IMO.

If Cliff has his controller anywhere in the realm of the Gordius or LF specs...who in their right mind is going to pay extra to get the Rocktron ?

Not me that's for sure

gittarzann said:

The introduction of so many, much more powerful controllers on the market (and at a more reasonable prices if you bought new) is going to kill much of their business, again IMO.

If Cliff has his controller anywhere in the realm of the Gordius or LF specs...who in their right mind is going to pay extra to get the Rocktron ?

Not me that's for sure
Well you're in the know, so to speak. Rocktron has one thing Gordius or LF doesn't, there distribution channels are stronger as well as there presence in guitar related media. Both LF and Gordius are boutique companies that the average brat at guitar center hasn't necessarily heard of.

Firstpenguin said:
gittarzann said:

Not me that's for sure
Well you're in the know, so to speak. Rocktron has one thing Gordius or LF doesn't, there distribution channels are stronger as well as there presence in guitar related media. Both LF and Gordius are boutique companies that the average brat at guitar center hasn't necessarily heard of.
Hear hear. (+1 in ye olde English. House of Lords-style)

OK guys, get the word out. Spreadeth ye the gospel of Fractal! Go forth and multiply!

Back
Top Bottom