While we wait for MFC...

danielodland

Inspired
I am on the MFC list, and am planning to get it. However, is it technically possible (if Rocktron were in coop mode...) to apply the new AxeFX midi communication skills to other midicontrollers? I asked Rocktron whether this was possible. The answer I got was "You would have to ask them we would have no idea, in what way they may be planning to do this."

So, I am now asking, is the necessary info for achieving this classified, or is it something that can be done?

I am sorry if I'm being technically or morally ignorant or whatever, but I feel it's best to ask if you have a question=)

mitch236 said:
Are you talking about showing the tuner on the footcontroller? If so, I would like that answer too!!!

Liquid-Foot Pro and Junior can do that.

Tuner and preset names. I know liquidfoot and some others can, thats why I wonder if it would be any trouble in giving away the info required for f.ex. Rocktron to make All Access live up to its name.

danielodland said:
Tuner and preset names. I know liquidfoot and some others can, thats why I wonder if it would be any trouble in giving away the info required for f.ex. Rocktron to make All Access live up to its name.

No others that I know of?
Anybody can see the syex code. It is not hard to decipher. I doubt they will. Then the would be asked to support all sorts of devices. Then you have to keep the firmware updated if something changes. They could surprise me, but I seriously doubt it. They haven't changed their product for a long while. I don't think they have even added the ability to same song or setlists?

danielodland said:

Liquidfoot cannot show the tuner from the AxeFx as of last week. No other footcontroller can as of yet either. However, since the latest firmware maybe they can...

OOpsss!!! I just checked and the Liquidfoot can show tuner info since the latest Axe firmware!!

I think it's been years since Rocktron posted a firmware update for the All Access controller. As far as I know, the current firmware version is 2.02.

mitch236 said:
danielodland said:

Liquidfoot cannot show the tuner from the AxeFx as of last week. No other footcontroller can as of yet either. However, since the latest firmware maybe they can...

It can as of last Friday. I should know I used it all weekend.

javajunkie said:
mitch236 said:
danielodland said:

It can as of last Friday. I should know I used it all weekend.

I edited my post before I read this entry. Awwesome news for LF users

Mike Snider said:
I believe Gordius is working on a firmware release to support this as well.
Yes, I added it to the LittleGiant firmware last weekend. Actually I agree with the arguments Javajunkie gave for not doing this kind of add-ons ("Then they would be asked to support all sorts of devices. Then you have to keep the firmware updated if something changes...."). But it seems like there's such a fuss created around that tuner display, and it is so little work to add, that I just did it. Took me less time than answering all the questions why not to do it...

tuner1_lg.JPG

tuner2_lg.JPG

ossandust said:
Mike Snider said:
I believe Gordius is working on a firmware release to support this as well.
Yes, I added it to the LittleGiant firmware last weekend. Actually I agree with the arguments Javajunkie gave for not doing this kind of add-ons ("Then they would be asked to support all sorts of devices. Then you have to keep the firmware updated if something changes...."). But it seems like there's such a fuss created around that tuner display, and it is so little work to add, that I just did it. Took me less time than answering all the questions why not to do it...

tuner1_lg.JPG

tuner2_lg.JPG

Nice job. I figured you would be up to the task though ;)

danielodland said:
But just so I understand this right...all Rocktron would need to do this, is the latest firmware for the AxeFX?

Rocktron will need to modify their firmware to accept the sysex messages stream with tuner info from AxeFX ... AxeFX is all set and ready as of v7.08 .. its up to them to add that feature to the all access controller.

Mik.

mik said:
danielodland said:
But just so I understand this right...all Rocktron would need to do this, is the latest firmware for the AxeFX?

Rocktron will need to modify their firmware to accept the sysex messages stream with tuner info from AxeFX ... AxeFX is all set and ready as of v7.08 .. its up to them to add that feature to the all access controller.

Mik.

Yeah, what I meant is, in order for them to do this, what they'd need from Fractal's side would only be the AFX firmware?

BTW, the Rocktron guy said something interesting. He said "The All Access has the ability to receive midi data on its midi output jack and we as well as TC Electronics take advantage of this feature with our remote mode operation. If Fractal uses the same scheme hopefully it will work?"

Any reason why it'd work with TC stuff and not Fractal? TC might be taking All Access into consideration when developing products?

danielodland said:
mik said:
danielodland said:

Mik.

Yeah, what I meant is, in order for them to do this, what they'd need from Fractal's side would only be the AFX firmware?

AFAIK what they need is an Axe-FX. They have to analyse the data stream to see what the tuner data is. I doubt that would be decipherable from the firmware file. Especially since that is encrypted and I think that might be the kind of reverse engineering that would be illegal.

Then again, see my sig.

Hehe ok. Well, this thread was started pretty much out of curiosity, and I am certainly not interested in doing something illegal or morally wrong even. Thanks for all replies, please contribute if you know anything about this.

danielodland said:
BTW, the Rocktron guy said something interesting. He said "The All Access has the ability to receive midi data on its midi output jack and we as well as TC Electronics take advantage of this feature with our remote mode operation. If Fractal uses the same scheme hopefully it will work?"

Any reason why it'd work with TC stuff and not Fractal? TC might be taking All Access into consideration when developing products?

Ok, I just realized I probably misunderstood this...he probably meant TC uses that technology for THEIR OWN floorcontrollers right? I though it meant TC stuff works with All Access the way I want AxeFX to.

Back
Top Bottom