While everyone's talking firmware 7, I need a hand

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
Since there's a lot more members here for FW 7, I could use some help.

While you're going through your patches with 7, can you take a minute to figure out the blocks you use the most and list them here?
Example:
Amp1
Cab1
Drive1
Drive2
Reverb1
etc..

If you use less than 18 blocks, please list your one-off blocks as well. I was running a thread on this but only 22 members responded, maybe because no one knew why I was doing it.

This is why: It's an iPad editor for the Axe-Fx. We want to customize it for you.
It can't' edit every possible block, but it can edit the blocks you use the most. Problem is, we don't have that info.
Any contributions would be very helpful.
Thanks!

a4lmr_v1p99b3_amp.png

Holy GOD I want this ipad app! Talk about easy on-the-fly editing of the patch to get the best live tone!!!!

... to answer your question, I am a straight forward patch builder, so I may not be able to help you the most but almost every patch that I create has this:

Drive 1
Amp 1
Cab 1
Cab 2
Chorus
Parametric EQ
Reverb 1
Delay 1

If I can make a suggestion... maybe you can do what you're doing with all the controls, but then have a button at the top that strips it down to JUST the controls that you would use live. Like just controls you would find on an amp (so no bias adjustment..etc) you could have both if you wanted, but the stripped down version would be like having a real amp facepanel at your fingertips...GOD THIS WOULD BE COOl!

I was running a thread on this but only 22 members responded, maybe because no one knew why I was doing it.
Oh yeah I see now.

It's kinda in order of occurrence:
Amp1
Cab1
Reverb1
Delay1
Comp1
Drive1
Wah1
Phaser1
Multidelay1
Looper
Drive2
Pan/trem

Also, some smart guy could perform some statistics on the presets on AxeChange..
Like (batch) exporting the presets in cvs format then processing the files more easily than parsing the syx's.

I am a straight forward patch builder, so I may not be able to help you the most
You can help a lot. Since you use less than 18 blocks, list your one-off blocks as well.
The iPad editor looks cool, but it's way more fun to use vs look at.

You can have an "ampface panel" at your fingertips! And you can make it yourself!

1. Download the free Lemur editor
2. Open the template
3. Use "save as" and name it "ampface panel" or something
4. Delete the controls you won't use live
5. Enlarge the amp controls you use live. Make 'em as big as you want
6. Save the template and run it at your gig.

Scrutinizer created this template. PM him and he can tell you how to run the axe-fx at your gig.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/members/scrutinizer.html
I believe the options are wired or wireless. I could be wrong. I use it only at home, wireless with axe-fx USB cabled to a computer. I think you can use it wired direct to Axe-Fx but I've never tried that.

Pauliusmm and everybody else. If you don't use a lot of blocks, don't forget to list your one-off blocks.

...I believe the options are wired or wireless. I could be wrong. I use it only at home, wireless with axe-fx USB cabled to a computer. I think you can use it wired direct to Axe-Fx but I've never tried that.

How does it work wireless? Does your ipad talk to your computer with wifi or something? Thats probably how i'd go too since I hook my macbook to my axefx to bring live.

So I'm assuming you could ALSO use your ipad as the midi controller to switch presets as well?! I have to look into this App.

How does it work wireless? Does your ipad talk to your computer with wifi or something?
Yes.
Video to set up wifi network on a mac
http://youtu.be/ouTLi5SmMuw?t=1m40s

Video to set up Lemur Daemon. It routes commands from the iPad to the Axe-Fx.
http://youtu.be/ouTLi5SmMuw?t=8m20s
It'll remember your settings. Set it to launch on computer startup.
You can set up this routing on iPad if you prefer, but need daemon running on your computer to do it.

You can use iPad to switch to 10 of your favorite presets with two taps, 50 of your favorite presets with three taps. Tap preset button at left bottom, then tap one of listed favorites.
pgdialog_annotated.png

Last edited:
Man, the lemur interface is just gorgeous. Knowing that I could control my Axe-FX with this may finally push me over the edge! Very nicely done!

Works great wireless using the Lemur daemon in Win 7. Very simple and Scrutinizer has done a great job. I broke my Ipad and just got it back this weekend so I am looking forward to seeing what's new!

Alphabetically:

Amp1
Amp2
Cab 1
Cab 2
Comp
Delay 1
Delay 2
Drive 1
Drive 2
GraphiqEQ 1
GraphicEQ 1
Looper
Multidly 1
Multidly 2
Reverb
Tone Match
Vol/Pan 1
Vol/Pan 2

You gotta be kidding me...16,000 members and only 26 are willing to put in the effort to list their most-used blocks? This isn't rocket science gang, and it's for a good thing.

This info goes toward helping members have a great iPad editing tool for the axe-fx, something Fractal doesn't currently offer.
Please take a few and list blocks you use the most, if it's less than 18, please also include your one-off blocks.

Thanks!

Amp 1
Cab 1
Drive 1
Drive 2
Chorus 1
Flanger 1
Delay 1
Delay 2
Reverb 1
Reverb 2
Pitch 1
Wah 1
Filter 1
Compressor 1

Amp 1
Cab 1
Drive 1
Drive 2
Chorus 1
Flanger 1
Phaser 1
Delay 1
Reverb 1
Pitch 1 (off-block)
Wah 1
Filter 1
Filter 2
Compressor 1
GEQ 1
PEQ 1 (off-block)
PAN/TREM 1

I use x/y switching very often - don't know if this matters here!

cheers
martin

These are the blocks I use on all of my patches, I haven't made any one-off type patches yet.

Wahwah 1
Filter 1
Mixer 1
Drive 1
Amp 1
Cabinet 1
Volume 1
Chorus 1
Delay 1
Looper 1
Reverb 1

Back