AFIII While Ella Sleeps

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey guys,

So Jana is back to work this week, which means I'm watching seven week old baby Ella by myself. During one of her short naps, I managed to make a little clip for some daddy therapy. I was blown away by the note definition and clarity with complex chords that the Axe III delivers. The playing dynamics with the clean stuff is unreal, and the power and body of the big stuff just makes me smile.

Given that nap time doesn't last very long, I didn't have time to perfect performances or edit anything, so forgive (or embrace) the human element. And Cliff, God bless you for putting the C45 model in there. I've finally found my desert island rock amp.

jeeeeez the dynamics are just insane. the way the chords/notes fall off in the first section. the 3 sounds so good!

jeeeeez the dynamics are just insane. the way the chords/notes fall off in the first section. the 3 sounds so good!
Seriously! The clean part is actually the Plexi 50 Watt Jump model. You barely breathe on that thing and it has vibe for days. The hint of breakup is incredibly natural.

That sounded wonderful. Nicely done and good use of daddy time!
Thanks! I’m shooting an Orange 2x12 cab that I’m falling in love with and this tone hit me like a ton of bricks. The sweetness and the chaos. Perfect for daddy time. :)

aww did you take the track down? says it can't be found. was looking forward to hearing it.
I didn’t take it down. It seems to be working on my phone. Is it still not playing for you?

Bummer....can’t access it.
So weird. Must be a glitch in the matrix.

Sounds great! Nice vibe to it.
Thanks!

@York Audio what'd you for bass when you're tracking like this? Just lay it down yourself? I just love the way this sounds coming out of the nearfields. It's huge.

Also props for surviving the solo parenting gig. I'll admit I'm not very good at soloing it myself. Love my kids, but the three of them run circles around me when I don't have my wife to help.

@York Audio what'd you for bass when you're tracking like this? Just lay it down yourself? I just love the way this sounds coming out of the nearfields. It's huge.

Also props for surviving the solo parenting gig. I'll admit I'm not very good at soloing it myself. Love my kids, but the three of them run circles around me when I don't have my wife to help.
Thanks! I tracked the bass with a Fender Jazz. Just threw up the SVT with a little BK7 and let her rip. I’m a huge Fab Filter fan, so I used Pro-Q2 to help shape it in the mix a little bit.

And thanks again. Solo parenting is no joke, but thankfully it’s only temporary and is the ultimate life lesson for time management and multitasking. I can’t imagine three at once. I’m tired just thinking about it.

Hey guys,

So Jana is back to work this week, which means I'm watching seven week old baby Ella by myself. During one of her short naps, I managed to make a little clip for some daddy therapy. I was blown away by the note definition and clarity with complex chords that the Axe III delivers. The playing dynamics with the clean stuff is unreal, and the power and body of the big stuff just makes me smile.

Given that nap time doesn't last very long, I didn't have time to perfect performances or edit anything, so forgive (or embrace) the human element. And Cliff, God bless you for putting the C45 model in there. I've finally found my desert island rock amp.

That's a really pretty song, Justin. Reminds me a lot of Cloudkicker if you've heard of him. Like something from Subsume or Fade. All his albums are free if you haven't checked him out already. And congrats on your bundle of joy, even though I'm just now hearing about her, not that we know eachother anyway. Best wishes for you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom