Which Xitone active wedge is best?

Yeah, shipping delays and shortages have become a huge global problem due to Covid. As frustrating as it is for all of us consumers, just imagine how tough it is for sellers!
100% agree. I can't imagine being a seller right now.

They have a few different wedges available. Which is better for the Axe? The GRFR active lightweight 12" or the 12" active wedge or the 12" active open/closed back? I have one Atomic CLR and would rather have a second one but they seem almost impossible to get. Will running one of the Xitone with an atomic sound good or will the Atomic just put it to shame? Or should I be patient and wait to get a second Atomic CLR? Thank you for any advice.
I just purchased a 'gently' used Mbritt (Xitones) 1 x10 cab.. Great Great Great !!. Looking to purchase another one for 1600 (true) watts. Many guitars players
think that 12 ich speakers work best.. But. I've learned ( 40 years) of playing, that 10-inch speakers is that sweet spot, without the "flub" mid-low" that we usually dial out from a 12-inch speaker.

Bass Cabs have been on to this fact for years.

Attachments

• mbritt 1 x10.jpg
    mbritt 1 x10.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I just purchased a 'gently' used Mbritt (Xitones) 1 x10 cab.. Great Great Great !!. Looking to purchase another one for 1600 (true) watts. Many guitars players
think that 12 ich speakers work best.. But. I've learned ( 40 years) of playing, that 10-inch speakers is that sweet spot, without the "flub" mid-low" that we usually dial out from a 12-inch speaker.

Bass Cabs have been on to this fact for years.

Nice congrats on that! Does that have the back cover you can close it like the 12" M Britt cab? Nice playing by the way

Nice congrats on that! Does that have the back cover you can close it like the 12" M Britt cab? Nice playing by the way
Here is a pic of the back of the cab.. Btw: That's Michael Britt playing ( from the band Lonestar) not me :)

Attachments

• backMbritt10.jpg
    backMbritt10.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 18
But. I've learned ( 40 years) of playing, that 10-inch speakers is that sweet spot, without the "flub" mid-low" that we usually dial out from a 12-inch speaker.
Remember that it is an FRFR so the IR has more impact on the "flub" than the speaker ;)

Reporting: I got the 10inch MBrit (Xitone) and wow! What projection and power. It sounds like I'm playing a
amp with my trusty old AX-8.. Especially on the Clean amps. I'll be adding another one for stereo.

Also, it's very quiet.. And, this baby can get very loud..

I've got the Xitone Active Wedge, with a Line 6 Helix LT and I LOVE the tone!
Yup. I still have mine, with the Matrix GM50. It is excellent. More amp-like.

But, I'm trying to find if the Dayton amp that was incorporated in later models is still available, and if so, which model. Just wanting to see if I can have a backup on hand in case something was to ever happen. It's been rock-solid for me, even though I've hardly used in recent years.

Can anyone chime in about that Dayton amp?

Back
Top Bottom