Which Xitone active wedge is best?

gbsmusic

Inspired
They have a few different wedges available. Which is better for the Axe? The GRFR active lightweight 12" or the 12" active wedge or the 12" active open/closed back? I have one Atomic CLR and would rather have a second one but they seem almost impossible to get. Will running one of the Xitone with an atomic sound good or will the Atomic just put it to shame? Or should I be patient and wait to get a second Atomic CLR? Thank you for any advice.

Last edited:
I have the Xitone Active Wedge and CLR Neo. I run them together in stereo. I prefer the Xitone to the Atomic although they are close. Sonically, they are similar, but my preference is the Xitone. The physical construction of the Xitone feels superior in every fashion. I don't think the Xitone comes with a pole-mount option, but they can add it (I did on mine).

Only tricky part is matching relative volumes. The Controls on each behave differently.

FYI, I don't GIG out with these anymore. We use a full PA system and IEMs instead.

I have the Xitone Active Wedge and CLR Neo. I run them together in stereo. I prefer the Xitone to the Atomic although they are close. Sonically, they are similar, but my preference is the Xitone. The physical construction of the Xitone feels superior in every fashion. I don't think the Xitone comes with a pole-mount option, but they can add it (I did on mine).

Only tricky part is matching relative volumes. The Controls on each behave differently.

FYI, I don't GIG out with these anymore. We use a full PA system and IEMs instead.
👍 Thank you for the info. I myself do not gig I just play at home.

If you can get an atomic for a similar price (as I think they have changed since covid last year) then def go with a CLR, but the xitone active wedge is excellent, def a better bang for your buck, and great CS as well...and that's the standard 12" active wedge...its a great value and mick is a nice person https://xitonecabs.com/product/12-active-wedge/
I want to go with another CLR I just can't find one I think I got really lucky when I found the 1 I have I've been looking for a couple weeks. Thanks for the info

personally, having owned both, including the new Dayton amp, I think the Xitone is definitely a great buy for $900 (free shipping/no tax??)
Don't hesitate if 900 is your budget

CLRs under 1000 aren't common at all anymore, so just get the Xitone, plus its really fun (it has a growl) and has a lot of different sound options on the new amp. I definitely give it a thumbs up if your on the fence to get it

personally, having owned both, including the new Dayton amp, I think the Xitone is definitely a great buy for $900 (free shipping/no tax??)
Don't hesitate if 900 is your budget

CLRs under 1000 aren't common at all anymore, so just get the Xitone, plus its really fun (it has a growl) and has a lot of different sound options on the new amp. I definitely give it a thumbs up if your on the fence to get it
I think I might give that a shot I emailed Mick and he got right back to me unfortunately $57 shipping now but oh well thanks for the info might go for the opened closed back cab.

Has anyone had experience with the Xitone lightweight ("GRFR")? It's a 12" speaker like their regular active, but it's weight is only 30 lbs, like the CLR NEO.

(I have one CLR NEO, but it's back at Atomic for repair (after 3 years its amp went bonkers). I don't know when I'll get the CLR back as, apparently, Atomic has long supply delays. Anyway, after this issue with the CLR, I'd like to get a second FRFR / GRFR as gigs are starting again). Thanks!

thats where im at now atomic for get it cant find it.so everything i have read about xitone seems good i use axe3 and ax8 .just wondering about the grfr or frfr

thats where im at now atomic for get it cant find it.so everything i have read about xitone seems good i use axe3 and ax8 .just wondering about the grfr or frfr
I have the Xitone active FRFR. I recommend that one over the GRFR because it's full range and can handle pretty much anything

They have a few different wedges available. Which is better for the Axe? The GRFR active lightweight 12" or the 12" active wedge or the 12" active open/closed back? I have one Atomic CLR and would rather have a second one but they seem almost impossible to get. Will running one of the Xitone with an atomic sound good or will the Atomic just put it to shame? Or should I be patient and wait to get a second Atomic CLR? Thank you for any advice.
I just starting using one CLR with one Xitone -- they sound great together

Back
Top Bottom