which verb is everyone using for their ambient verbs?

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I have been using Cavern but I have had it this way for a long time. I have not touched the new verbs because other than ambient I don't really use verb, I figured I'd see what everyone else is doing

I switched to the Large Spring and am loving it.

When the mix is cranked up it gives a very vintage Daniel Lanois vibe.

I have been using Cavern but I have had it this way for a long time. I have not touched the new verbs because other than ambient I don't really use verb, I figured I'd see what everyone else is doing

FW 17.x+ has an "Ambient" verb that is.... superb.

I am using that as well as Cavernous depending on the breakup of the amp. Cliff & team did a phenomenal job on the new reverbs, try 'em out.

if you have the cpu spare, use two different reverbs in parallel and pan them hard left and right.

colour me spacious! :)

tip - make the predelay on one side much quieter than the other side...and have the reverbs different lengths

i still prefer the plex detune for ambient stuff...but i have to say the new reverbs are stunning...especially when used in conjunction with the plex

if you have the cpu spare, use two different reverbs in parallel and pan them hard left and right.

colour me spacious! :)

tip - make the predelay on one side much quieter than the other side...and have the reverbs different lengths

i still prefer the plex detune for ambient stuff...but i have to say the new reverbs are stunning...especially when used in conjunction with the plex

do you always use the plex into a verb for your ambient?

What mix (ingain) does everyone usually use?

Tried out the deep space verb last night at a gig. It is replacing cavern for my ambient verb. It sounded so good! Running in parallel with mix at 100 and ingain about 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom