Which strap locks?

Roadrunner

Power User
I'm currently using this Chinese stuff, problem is that the pin connected to the guitar horn get loos from time to time although the screw is well tightened (the screw get loos for some reason) and it happens on all my guitars, some on the front and some on the back.
s-l1600.jpg s-l500.jpg

I decided to throw them all to the garbage and buy some good stuff.
So, what do you recommend that doesn’t get the screw loos and don’t have spring stuck problems?
Thanks guys.

Dimarzio ClipLok .. 20+ years NEVER a FAILURE. I've seen every other strap lock fail in that time.

The downside is you have that damn plastic tail on your guitars at all times...but for me, its the only serious solution. Vai agrees.

Have Schaller on mines but am not totally satisfied as you absolutely can't store the guitar upright without a guitar stand and also screws are a bit smaller than some standard screws on squier strats for example which will oblige one to fill up the hole before screwing on the guitar attachments. This said, I never used any other ones so can't swear you other stuff is better.

Thanks guys.
I had Schaller but didn’t liked them.
The Dimarzio ClipLock makes you have to use the specific strap which I don’t like, I use MONO and Levies 3.5" leather straps so it has to be the lock only.
I never tried the Dunlop SLS1033, I think I will give it a try.

Dunlop Dual Design Straplok. Available in all finishes to match your guitar, bulletproof reliability, reasonable price. The real deal, and on every guitar I own. The strap button, by the way, is oversized so, even when you're stuck with using a regular strap, you have extra security. I don't even bother with anything else.

Last edited:
Dunlop Straplok Dual Design.

51WDrcy6nvL.jpg

Got rid of ALL my strap locs. Only use Lock-It Guitar straps made in the USA, with BUILT-IN strap lock SLIDER. I personally like the COTTON ones and the Sparkle ones for stage. and in Europe...

Last edited:
Schaller for sure. I have them on all my guitars. I like the Dimarzio Cliplocks okay, but I didn't like being having the strap ends hanging on the guitar when I had the strap off, and I always worried the clip would come undone. Schaller straplocks are beefy, simple, and work fantastically. I recommend using the longer screws that come with them.

I have Dunlop dual lock on most of my guitars, the Schaller on one. Both do the job, but I prefer the Dunlop because I prefer the "press button" release over the "pull button" release.

I also mistakenly received a Planet Waves locking guitar strap. I wouldn't recommend it. I don't like it for many reasons.

Back
Top Bottom