Which REAL amps do you own?

Pure and simple for me, Triaxis, 20/20 and G-Force. And that's all I need... and this lamp... Triaxis, 20/20 G-Force and lamp. That's all I need... oh and this chair... Triaxis, 20/20, G-Force, lamp and this chair.....

That was me not too long ago. Sweet little rig too. I used it with 2 Mesa 1x12 Thiele cabs with original EVM-12Ls. Also I had a Mesa 50/50 in addition to the 20/20. Gave me both 6L6 and EL84 power tubes depending on what I wanted/needed at the time. The 50/50 was the version that was switchable to 15w/ch.

None but I've been thinking of getting a small watt cheap price tube amp just to see what all the fuss is with them old school guys and the fact that I have never owned a tube amp. Nothing fancy. A jet city 20 watt head since I found one new for like 250 and sounds pretty cool for dirty tones.

I still have my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, but when I get the chance, I think I'll sell it. Although I might hardly get what I want for it, since Mesa products got a lot cheaper here in Germany...

Egnater TOL100, Mesa Mark V, and a couple I built myself. Also, Egnater RT2/50 poweramp. Looking for an Egnater IE4 preamp below $1K.

Hughes and Kettner Triamp Mk II Alex Lifeson Signature and matching cab
Hughes and Kettner zenTera combo
Tone King Meteor Series II 740A
'63 Fender Vibroverb Reissue
CSC_01720001.jpg

PurpleMonster0001.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

I have the below:

1 - Laney GH50L
2 - ADA-MP1
3 - ENGL E530

I run my ADA & ENGL through Mesa 50/50 Poweramp (which is what I will be using with my AxeFx II).

I have three amps at the moment:
Marshall DSL-100 with 1960 A 4x12 cab. (1997).
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace Combo (weighs more than a freaking Buick).
Marshall Haze 40 watt Combo. (got it cheap and it records fantastic).

I don't gig anymore, so I often contemplate selling the DSL and the Boogie. They take up precious studio space, and as time goes on, I use them less and less. I can do 80% of what I need with the Axe, and what I can't really get with that, I use the Haze.

I've sold a lot - almost all modeling stuff, a lot of pedals and some tube amps.

These are the ones I use very often:
(left right)
H&K Zentera Combo (still the best modeling amp - IMHO)
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Elmwood M60 Elmwood 4x12
Marshall JVM410 1936 2x12
Mesa Boogie MK V
Koch Studiotone
Fender Blues Junior Special Edition
Fender 57 Deluxe

Studio2010GuitarGear.jpg

Studio2010GuitarGearBack.jpg

Last edited:
I'm down to just a few, but since I started playing through the Ultra, the others mostly collect dust. Since I rarely clean my studio, at least it is vintage dust.

I have two Peavey Bravo's
I have a Line 6 Flextone II XL
I have a Mesa LoneStar Special

Egnater TOL100, Mesa Mark V, and a couple I built myself. Also, Egnater RT2/50 poweramp. Looking for an Egnater IE4 preamp below $1K.

Scratch that, gots me an IE4 for less than $1K. Egnater into Standard into RT2/50 is going to be awesome.

H&K Triamp half stack (on the way to leave, ASA I find somebody prepared to pay for it)
Mesa Studio 22 head (keeping that, was my first tube amp)
Marshall keyboard combo (Light and small, ok for home and small bar gigs)

-Egnater dual channel M4
-Engl E570 (being sold on Ebay currently)
-Lexicon Signature 284 (3 watts=killer for recording)
-Randall Rt2/50

Soon the Randall power amp will have a Faustine Dx2 married to it and unless the Faustine isn't as good as every clip I've ever heard, I'll be recording the Axefx2 and any tube gear direct. We'll see.

I LOVE the Engl, but I just don't write many metal tunes these days and between the Axefx, Egnater and Lexicon, I can cover pretty much any ground I want to. It's a room full of amps in a nice, small, organized space. :)

Back
Top Bottom