Which Power Amp? Tube or SS?

Axe-Master
Hopefully this video sheds some light on the differences tonally and functionally between a tube power amp (Mesa) and an SS power amp (Matrix), and the pros and cons of each. It's not meant to be a sweeping tour of all the power amp options out there, but more an exposition about why the power amp modelling in the III is so great :D

Hey,

nice vid. ;)
I would say more "fair" comparison would be if you chose a neutral tube power-amp and left the power-amp modelling on. That's what I am doing with Fryette 2-50-2 and the question would only be the "feel", because I doubt you could hear much of a real sound differences if set up properly.
This series of videos from Fryette himself is going into real details of the differences between Solid state and tube power amps for modellers:

Best,

Hey,

nice vid. ;)
I would say more "fair" comparison would be if you chose a neutral tube power-amp and left the power-amp modelling on. That's what I am doing with Fryette 2-50-2 and the question would only be the "feel", because I doubt you could hear much of a real sound differences if set up properly.
This series of videos from Fryette himself is going into real details of the differences between Solid state and tube power amps for modellers:

Best,

i'd love to try a 2-50-2 one day. That video is really interesting too!

i'd love to try a 2-50-2 one day. That video is really interesting too!

I used to run one with my Aex II, the Marshall models sounded great with it, the Mesa models sounded horrible.
I'm using a duncan Power stage now and having really good results with that.
I'd love to to try a Fryette Power Station P2

Back
Top Bottom