Which Pick Do You Pick

I've never tried a V-pick...
I looked them up and they look pretty interesting..

Just got a few myself. My right hand technique is already improved. I'm surprised and pleased. I bought an assortment, and ended up liking the medium rounded, even though I was a Jazz III player before. Definitely worth checking out.

I don't like v-picks at all. They make so much extra noise and rattling. It's kind of the most noisy pick i've tried. Ew. I'd advise against them. But it's about different taste so go ahead and try them out.

I've never tried a V-pick...
I looked them up and they look pretty interesting..

They are interesting indeed. I have been using their Screamer for a few months. I really like the feel and size of them. I am not so thrilled with the plinky/clinky attack with clean tones.

I was hoping to work around it because they feel great to me but I have just about given up on them.

before I switched to the big stubby 3.0mm, I used to use big solid brass picks..
being so hard you do get the occasional 'whistle' from them when they strike the strings...
but they feel amazing...

does anyone know of any guitar stores in south central / south east UK that stock them so I can try some out..
at 11 million quid a pick, and with quite a few shapes and sizes to choose from, I'd rather not rely on trial and error via mail order..

especially if I find out that me and V-picks ain't gonna get on..

I recently tried Jazz III's
yeah they're stiff enough...
but I hated them... too small.. and felt too thin..
they just didn't work for me..

I use Ibanez picks like the Paul Gilbert. Its a jazz iii size but slightly bigger. The ones I use are the sand wizard and have sand paper grip on them so they dont slip

Ibanez PGs were my go-to pick for ages before switching to Ultex Jazz 3s but they wear out quite quickly. After some weeks (2 or 3) of "not-so-serious" playing, the point was already worn down to where it was much too round for my tastes. When I really hit it, I'm done with a PG sig pick after a week...Paul himself plays .60 Tortex right now btw, but his Ibanez sig picks were the maximum "floppiness" I could handle...

Ibanez PGs were my go-to pick for ages before switching to Ultex Jazz 3s but they wear out quite quickly. After some weeks (2 or 3) of "not-so-serious" playing, the point was already worn down to where it was much too round for my tastes. When I really hit it, I'm done with a PG sig pick after a week...Paul himself plays .60 Tortex right now btw, but his Ibanez sig picks were the maximum "floppiness" I could handle...

they do wear out quite quickly but i have a deal with ibanez and I dont pay for them. Makes a difference

Dunlop Jazz Stubby picks, 1.0 or 2.0 mm, primarily for ease of artificial harmonics. Recently ordered Petrucci's new signature picks but ended up going back. I just can't get comfortable with a full size pick after 15+ years with the stubbys.

Dunlop Nylon Standard 0.88's for me. I do use the Max Grip variety after I bought those some time ago on a whim. I noticed a significant decrease in the number of times I drop them or need to adjust how I'm holding them (due to shifting around between my fingertips), so I've stuck with those ever since. That, and I haven't broken a string in years so I suppose they're durable as well in terms of (not) developing rough edges.

Or I just play like a sissy, there is that possibility. :D

I'd like to try a few of the v-picks but the price puts me off tbh. Why are they so expensive??

maybe it's the way they're made....
laser cut etc... rather than a sweat shop full of kids with nail files...
all seems a bit excessive to me...

what will those kids do for a living now??? turn to crime maybe turning out bootleg picks??

Back
Top Bottom