Which Parker is this??

It's been YEARS since I've paid attention to Parkers, but prior to them being bought out by Washburn (or their parent company, I guess), the letters in the serial number of a Fly told you the wood used in the neck and the body wood. B = basswood, MH = mahogany, P = poplar. The earliest models all had basswood necks, so "BP" was the Fly Deluxe, "BMH" was the Classic, and later "MM" was used for the all mahogany Mojo. I'm not sure if that's how it still works, but that can help identify the more common Fly models from that period, at least. Hopefully I'm recalling all of that properly... But the serial you gave would indicate a Fly Classic.

AFAIK, Parkers post 2003 don't have a trem wheel. Mine dates from 2005 and doesn't. Instead it has a thin bar that you insert into a plate at the back (and into a metal wheel).

Edit: More info: 2003 was the last year the 4 knob setup was used. Since then, they've implemented a 3 knob system (Mag Volume, Mag Tone [plus push/pull coil split], and Piezo volume).

The photo looks like a pre 2003 model.

I would echo simeon.... check it out on the Parker forum to be sure.

Last edited:
yep older fly deluxe, can tell by the big knob to adjust the trem spring tension... they swapped out the knobs, they used to be plastic.

pre-refined fly. There are some good stickies on the Parker Guitars forum to explain the difference.

EDIT: start here Parker Fly Facts ( new users start here.)

I have a "refined" fly. Don't play it very much, but it is an amazingly cool guitar. I keep picking up PRS, Strats, and LPs, in about that order.

Back
Top Bottom