Which of the V3 OH Mesa mic's should I get?

D57m0 and R121f1 are the most popular, common, and have enough between the two to give insane amounts of possibilities. Anything beyond that in that subcategory is icing on the cake.

The V3 Vector Libraries, however, are the tweaker's paradise, rabbit hole lovers collections. For pre-mixed IR's, I would highly recommend looking into the V3 Mix Libraries.

Also, on a separate note.

It's nice that you have some decent download speeds from your servers. Fractal has their server plugged into a labrador sometimes.

I agree with Guitarjon. The English 8 ohm V30s sound great in the Mesa cab! If you're a V30 fan, also check out the 16ohm English V30 in the Marshall Checkerboard cab. That's one of my all-time favorite 4x12 libraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Guitarjon. The English 8 ohm V30s sound great in the Mesa cab! If you're a V30 fan, also check out the 16ohm English V30 in the Marshall Checkerboard cab. That's one of my all-time favorite 4x12 libraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep! That one sounds great too!

Yeah I bought a bunch of the V30's, the G12T75's and the Modern Mix. I bought a bunch of the new Bogners yesterday. Trying to recreate a decent replacement for my beloved Uberkab. As soon as my left hand heals, I'll get into mixing some Uberkab recipes with my Uberschall head tone match. None of the IR's that iv'e shot have been any good, compared to the professional offerings.

Ubercab 412
Our 4x12 Uberkab is perfectly matched for the thunderous TWIN JET and UBERSCHALL amplifiers. This 4x12" straight front speaker cabinet features a black front speaker grill with silver piping and a combination of front loaded Celestion Vintage 30's and G12T75's speakers in a criss-crossed X-pattern wired at 16 ohms. This supreme combination unleashes the fury of these amps thunder by maximizing the low end with the great cutting power of the midrange and highs. Our standard Bogner 4x12" cabinet, with Vintage 30's, also sounds great with either the TWIN JET or UBERSCHALL but we wanted to offer a cabinet that was fine tuned for both flame-throwing designs. (Note: prior to January 2009 the Uberkab design was slightly different with the speakers being rear mounted and wired at 8 ohms.)

Bought the Mesa - V30-EN-08 irs on the recommendation by GuitarJon & others in this thread. There is something about these. I have a Engl Savage patch that I think is unique & it sounds great with this cab/spkr combo.

Did you get the V30-EN-08? Can't go wrong with that one!
I can find use for most of the V30's though but that one just always works!

I love the V30 ones. Here's something I just sketched together to show you the sound of the OH speakers. They are pleasantly scooped and great for modern rock/metal.

Last edited:
I agree...the V30 EN 8ohm are the best of the bunch. They're "rounder" in my opinion and maybe a little less harsh than a lot of other V30s. Obviously the cab makes a difference too.

Back
Top Bottom