Which Mission Engineering Pedal for MFC-101

favance

Power User
Ok...now that it's almost here, I plan on getting 2 Expression Pedals and Mission Engineering seems to be ruggedly built like the MFC-101. Which Pedal Model from Mission would be the best for use w/the MFC-101: As a Wah Pedal? As a Volume Pedal?

I tried...

Their Liquid Foot model: works
Their Gordius model: works
Their Latching model with the LED: works
A custom made one for the FX1: works

Any advantages/disadvantages between the different Mission Systems Pedals (i.e. Polarity, Swtiched/Non-Switched, LED/No LED, etc.)

GuitarDojo said:
Wasnt the only difference between the SP-1 and SP-LF the polarity switch in the SP-1R's?
LF = momentary switch, 1-R = latching switch
(so not so much polarity, but type)

godprobe said:
GuitarDojo said:
Wasnt the only difference between the SP-1 and SP-LF the polarity switch in the SP-1R's?
LF = momentary switch, 1-R = latching switch
(so not so much polarity, but type)
Ok. No i remember but that was a while back when he explained it to me. I cant the attention of a cat trapped in a yarn factory anyway..

So now that I've had a look at the manual, it shows that Expression Pedals are connected using a TRS Cable (not a guitar cable). Does this mean the Mission Pedals like the SP-1 need 2 TRS Cables connected to the MFC-101? Or do you use a Y Cable with the Y connected to the SP-1 and the TRS connected to the MFC-101? Or do you need 2 TRS Cables for 1 SP-1, in order to use the On/Off Switch to control the Effect...

favance said:
So now that I've had a look at the manual, it shows that Expression Pedals are connected using a TRS Cable (not a guitar cable). Does this mean the Mission Pedals like the SP-1 need 2 TRS Cables connected to the MFC-101? Or do you use a Y Cable with the Y connected to the SP-1 and the TRS connected to the MFC-101? Or do you need 2 TRS Cables for 1 SP-1, in order to use the On/Off Switch to control the Effect...

two TRS needed for the SP-1
one TRS goes from mission out(for switch) and connects into the MFC 101 switch connector. This allows you to turn the expression (cc control for an effect or modifier) on/off.
TRS cable 2 connects from Mission out 9for expression) and connects to MFC 101 expression 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

Thanks Mike. That's what I was looking for...now I need to make the decision will I use the switched feature or go with the non-switched version and use the Axe-Fx auto-pedal feature...decisions, decisions...I guess that's the only issue, the FAS gear gives you a lot of options!

Hi,
Mike Snider said:
favance said:

two TRS needed for the SP-1
one TRS goes from mission out(for switch) and connects into the MFC 101 switch connector. This allows you to turn the expression (cc control for an effect or modifier) on/off.
TRS cable 2 connects from Mission out 9for expression) and connects to MFC 101 expression 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.
if I'm not wrong you would only need 1 TRS and 1 TS cable to achieve this. The TRS cable is used to connect the expression pedal out to the Expression Pedal Input on the MFC and the TS cable is used to connect the switch on the pedal to the Switches Input on the MFC.

Best,

Jochen

Would it be possible to get one of those pedals with the latching switch and the multiple TRS connections, but not use the switch? In other words, can you decide to not connect the "switch" connections, but still use the expression pedal? ...This way, you have other options. You wouldn't have to use a switch input if you don't want to.

browlett said:
Would it be possible to get one of those pedals with the latching switch and the multiple TRS connections, but not use the switch? In other words, can you decide to not connect the "switch" connections, but still use the expression pedal? ...This way, you have other options. You wouldn't have to use a switch input if you don't want to.

Yes, you can. I do this with 2 of my expression pedals now.

FreaqyFrequency said:
I wonder if they're already on the case of building an optimized pedal for the MFC. :mrgreen:

Here's some info from Mission concerning their pedals, plans, and the MFC-101.

Attachments

• Mission MFC101 Compatibility.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 195
Could you use a single Mission Engineering pedal for volume and wah? For example, once you activate a patch, the pedal is in volume mode, but you can step on it and convert it into a wah pedal?

favance said:
Ok...I'm convinced. Just pulled the trigger on 2 Mission SP-1R Pedals. Thanks to everyone.

Why the "R" version? Just curious what the advantage is (unclear to me from reading the Mission website).

KF

Back
Top Bottom