Which midi controller?

james...

Experienced
Hey guys!

I've been using a Behringer FCB1010 for a couple of months now, and while it's a really great controller for use with the AXE...I find myself needing more than 10 presets per bank. So now I'm looking for something better.

My first instinct was the All Access, since it has 15 presets per bank. But on the flip side, I'm wondering if the new fractal controller will be just as good. Will I be able to configure the Fractal controller to have 15 presets like the all access? Which would offer more features?

I would buy a liquid foot but I have a feeling it's going to be too pricey for me. I'm hoping to either buy the Fractal controller or get a used all access for $400 or so.

james... said:
Hey guys!

I've been using a Behringer FCB1010 for a couple of months now, and while it's a really great controller for use with the AXE...I find myself needing more than 10 presets per bank. So now I'm looking for something better.

My first instinct was the All Access, since it has 15 presets per bank. But on the flip side, I'm wondering if the new fractal controller will be just as good. Will I be able to configure the Fractal controller to have 15 presets like the all access? Which would offer more features?

I would buy a liquid foot but I have a feeling it's going to be too pricey for me. I'm hoping to either buy the Fractal controller or get a used all access for $400 or so.

fractals foot control is limited to 10 presets/bank at least according to Cliff's announcement.

Here are the specs though:

- 16 ga. steel chassis. "Stepped" design makes accessing buttons less error prone.

- 21 rugged stomp-style switches configurable as 10 preset and 8 IA or 5 preset and 13 IA. The other three switches are bank up, down and shift.

- Huge 20 character transflective LCD can even be read in direct sunlight.

- Six external inputs. Inputs can be configured as expression pedals or footswitches.

- 7-pin MIDI Out compatible with Axe-Fx phantom powering.

- Remote tuner capability.

- Axe-Fx mode reads preset name directly from Axe-Fx. No need to program preset name.

- MSRP $600. Actual sell price probably lower.

- Dimensions; 16"W x 10"H.

- Switch spacing; 2.75" both directions

james... said:
Hey guys!

Is the Liquid-Foot that pricey!? It's no the same price as an FX1 right? Why is it so hard to find the price on this sucker.... Anyone have a rough idea?

oddb0d said:
james... said:
Hey guys!

Is the Liquid-Foot that pricey!? It's no the same price as an FX1 right? Why is it so hard to find the price on this sucker.... Anyone have a rough idea?

he hasn't announced it yet, only that it will be significantly lower than the fx-1 which was the goal.

I've bought an Axess Electronics FX1 yesterday and I'm waiting the shiping now! ;)
I'll let you know, but I think it's a killer midi foot controller for my Axe-FX Ultra! :cool:

blue2you said:
I've bought an Axess Electronics FX1 yesterday and I'm waiting the shiping now! ;)
I'll let you know, but I think it's a killer midi foot controller for my Axe-FX Ultra! :cool:

yes, it's proven, and built like a tank, if you have the cash it's great, not for the budget types.

dave

dpeterson said:
blue2you said:

yes, it's proven, and built like a tank, if you have the cash it's great, not for the budget types.

dave
I would be interested to hear how the Liquid Foot stacks up against the FX1... Seems to me like it is better....Cannot speak to the built like a tank bit.... U2JustMe have you driven over your controller yet like those Mackie guys did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxOm3lh1rw

oddb0d said:
dpeterson said:
blue2you said:

dave
I would be interested to hear how the Liquid Foot stacks up against the FX1... Seems to me like it is better....Cannot speak to the built like a tank bit.... U2JustMe have you driven over your controller yet like those Mackie guys did?

:lol: T.C. Electronic did almost the same thing with their g-system :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKZLNKqvFAI

oddb0d said:
dpeterson said:
blue2you said:

dave

The liquid is extremely well built and seems like it could handle any gigging situation. I just got it a few days ago though.

jeffinaustin said:
Does the Liquid give tuner read-out on the screen like the Fractal controller is supposed to do?

It can't right now. Cliff has not written the code for the tuner display to be output yet. Once that happens. He is going to try and implement that. Regardless, there will be a tuner module available to display tuning info on the controller, even if you do not have an axe-fx.

Back
Top Bottom