Which segment is the real amp?

• A

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • B

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • C

Votes: 62 35.0%

• Total voters
I was the 3rd person to guess "C" last night only because it sounded a bit more saturated to me but I liked "A" the best. Seems like it's getting to be a moot point guessing which is the real amp anymore , Cliff has mastered that. Now he should focus on making the amps sound better than their real world counterparts. I think this was a good step in that direction along with the FAS amps. I think all (or most) of the FAS amps were Cliff taking a "real" amp and making it better.

I chose "C" for the amp, and "A" for the Axe. The "A" clip sounded best, as it was louder and brighter (making it seem clearer), but "C" sounded very much like a tube amp to me.

To replicate what I did in A you need to put a 1st-order lowshelf in front of the amp block.
... I'm contemplating making this a switch in the amp block called "Tight" or (or "Cut" because that fits in the text outline).

Cool! So, AMP->ADV->LOW CUT FREQ is probably adjusting a highpass filter, right?

The push button idea would be such a cool enhancement. The technical experts could still tweak using the advance parameters so everyone wins.

Yes please Cliff, full steam ahead :encouragement:

I say go for the switch that's in your beta version. I liked A best of all and didn't vote. A sounded like something Mike Campbell would play with Tom Petty or a slightly tighter Neil Youngish sound. I loved that tone.

Funny that the real amp had the least votes until Cliff posted the answer, since then the real amp made some serious ground…..amazing!:roll

LOL! Hey, me too.

But seriously, I think that Comet is my favorite model in the Axe. Truly amazing. Glad I was wrong because it means I have more to learn and more work to do.

Thanks, Cliff, for post #74!

Late to party, but I voted Ron Paul.

Some amps will have a 3 way switch for the power amp: tight, loose, and boost.

Love the idea of having a tight switch on the Axe.

Another common practice that works great is putting a peaking EQ before the amp block. For example, try a peaking EQ at around 750 Hz, Q = 0.7, gain = 6 dB. Adjust to taste.

I'm trying to make these common techniques "push-button".

I am amazed though I only listened on my cell phone fom what I heard C seemed more muddy/fuzzy so I assumed it had to be modeled. To me that speaks volumes to the quality of the AXE and Cliff & team's work. Looking at the answres prior to the answer looks like most people including me went for B.

This obviously means Fractal are not only making amp models that sound real but they sound "realer than real"

Back
Top Bottom