Which segment is the real amp?

• A

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • B

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • C

Votes: 62 35.0%

• Total voters
don't care: all are great sounding. At this sound quality level (according to only subjective differences...) I don't mind the "source" !

A had a cheap sounding reverb so not that one. Also weird middle.

B was scooped so maybe it's the real amp.

C sounded like it was clipping and a but harsh.

I voted for B.

Would be good to know what we are hearing. Is it just different power amps? If so then A would be Matrix B is a tube amp and C straight line in. :D

More gain would make differences more noticable.

Unfair comparison, the three clips have different amplitudes and thus the listener will always favor the loudest and pick that for what ever they're biased to choose.

With that said, A sounded least compressed and punchier, so that's gotta be the AFX2. I think either B or C is the actual amp... I went with B.

To me b) is the one that sounds different to me regarding its distortion character - then a + c must be the same hope b is the original - because I don't like the grainy kind of distortion ... finally I chose c) ... does that make sense?! :)

They all sound good. I say "C" as it has a bit more power/oomph on the bass note. I like the sound of A the most, so I hope it's the Axe.

i wanna know

1) what cliff has been up to to be posting more amp comparison clips
2) why we have three choices here instead of the usual two

as for which is the real amp, i have absolutely no idea. i liked the sound of A best (and i adjusted for volume differences)

mmhhh... these three sound a lot more different than usually in these comparison clips. hard to tell because of that. could all be the amp with the mic moved slightly for each clip...

If they were all the same level, it would be a toss - although C does sound different gain and overtone wise, I don't like it as much as A and B (which doesn't mean it's not good), but then again- if it were the same level.....hmmm .. I don't know.

I think it might be about the recent talk about whether Atomic vs real tube amp vs CLR etc. sounds different.

Is this three power amps tone matched to sound similar?

I think I heard a modeled reverb in A... but Cliff will most likely state that it's the same reverb in all clips anyways. :D

whatever it is, i think we should wildly speculate for at least 7 or 8 pages, get into an argument about axe edit, do some kemper bashing, post some amusing memes with cats in and then go completely bananas when the next firmware is released and say how different it sounds, even though the amp modelling hasn't been updated in any way...

in other words, business as usual

:)

it's too hot here and i'm crabby

They all sounded very close, but I like B the best because it sounded smoother and less biting than A. C was hard to place, for me... I guess I like simple choices!?

And I agree with an earlier poster, the AXE FX is a real amp!

Back
Top Bottom