Which headphones do you use to save peace at home?

My first choice in closed headphones are the Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6. Really lightweight, comfortable, neutral sounding and with removable cable that can be connected to the right or left earpad. I also own a Beyer 770, Audio technica ATH 50 and some Ultrasone headphones: They all can't compete with the BeoPlay H6. I also play a five-string bass and never heard the low B-string like that before...
Love my H6. so light and comfy !! the Blue Mofi that is so beloved here is just too heavy for my skinny neck, tho it does sound good

I haven't had much luck with phones. However, If I play through my DAW and monitor thats through phones that pretty good.

Beyerdynamic DT 990 open back, 250 ohm.

I spent an hour trying out 30+ sets at my local Long & McQuade and these sounded the best and were the most comfortable

I've got a set of blue mofi's that I've been thinking about selling if you're interested. Less than 1 hour of use on them. I just can't deal with guitar through head phones but a least I tried. I couldnt gel with in ears either. I've got issues!

I use KRK KNS-6400's. They aren't anything fancy or that notable, honestly, but I started on KRK Rokit 8's years ago so I got KRK headphones in order to be a lot more familiar and confident with my EQ decisions.

I've had Sonys, AKG's and Beyer's 770's. My choice is the Sennheiser 600 head phones. They are great for long periods of use, especially mixing. Nothing under $600 touches them for accuracy and comfort(their open back)..I did take the comfort headband from the Beyers and put them on the 600's. I have replaced both the earpads AND the stereo cable twice, from wear, rather than buy new "phones because they are modular and the drivers sound just as awesome as the day I got them! On a budget, the 598's will do too.

I've got a set of blue mofi's that I've been thinking about selling if you're interested. Less than 1 hour of use on them. I just can't deal with guitar through head phones but a least I tried. I couldnt gel with in ears either. I've got issues!
I agree. I couldn't bond with the Blu's. Try the Sennheiser 600 head phones. They changed my mind about 'phones that rock.

I used Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones when I first got the Axe Fx, then got a set of Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros. As it has worked out, the Sennheisers still sound better on the Axe while the Beyers sound better with the computer. In both cases, I've run them with and without a Presonus HP4 preamp. There's an impedance difference - the Sennheisers are 64 ohms while the Beyers are 250 ohm. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I'm thinking of trying the Blue Mofi unit, since the Fractal guys are all sold on it. Just hate to spend the money when I've already got what I have.

Basically everyone at Fractal switched from the Beyerdynamics to the new Blue Mofi or their newer Blue Passives. They just sound great. I now see them in all the big studios too.
@Admin M@ Now that you've got a few people using them, what's the consensus on long-term wearability?

Back
Top Bottom