Which headphones do you use to save peace at home?

rolidoc

Inspired
Hi guys, I love to play loud but in the evening my family is annoyed by my noodeling. I´ve got a Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro (250 Ohm) but I don´t like the signal from the phonesoutput. Do you use the AXE phonesout or do you use a signal from a soundcard or another device? What´s your tip?

I have Sennheiser HD 25 phones ..... like them

I also have Sennheiser HD 250 Pro phones - cheap so you'd assume shit - but actually they are good too and get used more because if I run over the lead, drop them or dog chews them it's not a big issue.

I use phones straight from Axe-FX.

I have the Bose QC25 wired version which has noise canceling. I sometimes use them on flights, which knocks out most of the background noise, but mostly have them plugged directly into my AxeFXII. They sound decent to me, and with the noise cancelation, it seems I don't need to have the volume turned up quite as loud.

Blue Mofi. Sound great with and without the built-in amp. No problem with wearing them for hours.

My good results with Beyerdynamic DT880Edition-600 & DT770Pro-80.

For live gigs I'm using Shure SE535.

Last edited:
My first choice in closed headphones are the Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6. Really lightweight, comfortable, neutral sounding and with removable cable that can be connected to the right or left earpad. I also own a Beyer 770, Audio technica ATH 50 and some Ultrasone headphones: They all can't compete with the BeoPlay H6. I also play a five-string bass and never heard the low B-string like that before...

Been using ATH-M50's for a while. They're pretty decent for the money but the upper mid detail can be a tad harsh with certain tones compared to my CLR. How do the Blue's sound in comparison?

Audio-Technica AD700.
That's all I use when I'm at home.
Comfortable and sound good. Patches designed with these transfer well to live environment.

Back
Top Bottom