Which hardware pedal did you keep since getting your Axe-Fx III and why?

Kept everything. I love my gear

Same. I have maybe close to 100 pedals, mostly old and boutique stuff. I'm mostly using the Axe at this point, but I use my old stuff as a reference to get things dialed in. I'm usually able to get the same vibe, but not exactly the same behavior, if that makes sense. Some of the things that I thought would be totally irreplaceable (like vintage wahs) sound better to me on the Axe than the real thing*, and other stuff I've only been able to roughly approximate.

* Less noisy, but not identical

Last edited:
It was hard, but I ended up selling almost everything. I have a Ditto+ I got in trade, and it's fun to play with sometimes. I still have my Drop as well.

I may regret the others. I mean, the temptation to get them all back and more is there. It's a battle. Like amps. The want is there, even without the need.

GameChanger Plus Pedal because Fractal's Hold function does not do what that pedal does. OTOH since I started running it through a Plex Delay, sweeping Filter and a sweeping VolPan, it's become a much more useful bg texture.

I've kept them all but only use a couple with the Axe3. The freqout is the one I've always got in the chain. The drop is one I would use if needed. The only other one I'm thinking of adding the either my Boss RC-3 or upgrading to the Jamman Stereo - mostly so I can trigger pre-recorded loops or samples from my board.

I've got all my fuzz pedals at the ready should I need them, I won't ever get rid of those. I just got the Axe so I'm still in the honeymoon period. If I need to add a fuzz to the board to complete whatever I'm going for, I want to have the option.

• Still Used Often: TC Mimiq, Digitech Freqout. L6 PODHD500 (used with MFC for Axefx switching).
  • Keeper pedals used intermittently: Eventide H9, SA Nemesis, L6 M5, Mooer Radar.
  • Handful of others never used.

The Sonic Research tuner has remained because I’ve used it for so long and totally bond with how it works. However, it will soon be soon be removed from the Axe 3 rig and will be put in the bass guitar case for those bass gigs where back line gear is supplied. It will never be sold.

Every other pedal had become history after the AX8 arrived.

Still have quite a few but together with the Axe Fx keep my Dunlop DVP1 along the EV1, that is dedicated almost exclusively to Wahs.

I have several that I use on occasion with amps or just want to have available:

Analogman King of Tone
TC Electronics Chorus/Pitch Mod/Flanger
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TC Electronics Hall of Fame 2 Reverb
TC Electronics Flashback 2 Delay

Also kept a Tonebone PZ-Pre that I use for acoustic guitars. It's a life saver for live playing with certain instruments. I could do most of this with the Axe FX III, but it is often committed to gig stuff, so it's nice to have these at home.

Trading a Line 6 PowerCab Plus for a H9 Max (Got the Powercab in August and it never left the house).
Its a $200 deal since the H9 is 899CAD and the Powercab plus is 1099CAD.
This is for you guys that have 3 of em ;) cause I dont think anyone with one will part with it lol.

2 Eventide H9’s. I sold about $2k worth of pedals on eBay after getting my Axe FX III. But, even after getting an H9000, I can’t part with my H9’s. The effects are excellent, and the ability to swap inputs and outputs by just reconfiguring software is beyond compare. Since Eventide continues to update the platform with new algorithms, it’s like the Axe FX...the gift that keeps on giving.
Ditto. The Eventide stuff is fantastic and very inspiring. Plus their algorithms play really nice with keyboard and synths. I got rid of most pedals but kept my H9 max and Digitech Drop. I keep dreaming of getting an H9000, but I still haven’t fully scratched the surface and utilized the H9 as much as I would like.

Everything I’ve built (like Iaresee), my original fuzzface, big muff, talkbox, tube driver, crybaby, Octavia, and Univibe (old enough where all this stuff was cheap, lol), and a simple board for guests. Oh, and there’s a Kemper currently in the closet.

I had already separated a pile of pedals to thin the herd ages before my AxeFX3 arrived, but I have not yet sold any. One of these days I'll get around to it....

Using alongside AX8:
Digitech whammy V - dig that fat tone, no pitch effects come close to it. Its bulky and heavy though.
Source Audio Ventris reverb - great reverb sounds. I use scenes in my main clean patch to select 8 different Ventris reverbs via midi.

Back
Top Bottom