Which guitar wireless unit to get

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
So im looking between the Line 6 G55 relay and the shure glxd. I need one that I can buy additional packs for multiple guitars.

Any reviews or recommendations? I need it to be rack mountable and preferably 1/2 rack because I have another unit for my piezo channel Right on the axe fx.

I see the shure has rechargeable batteries in the packs. Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Seems to have great battery life but I'm not sure I like the idea of not being able to change the battery if it dies between a gig.

Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HD Velcro was too thick for my application thereby requiring more than a rack space. Another option is silicone caulk, thin as water but holds like hell, use lots.

Right now my wireless system is rack mounted with the antennas front mounted. But I still get signal drops every now and then. I think it's just the unit that isn't that good of quality. It's the akg wms450.
But I'm liking the pedal version of the new Shure. It's small and would be easy to velcro down. I'm just worried I may lose signal since the unit will be inside my rack and having the antennas covered.

Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IF you are using differnet guitars at the same time keep in mind both units would require you to buy whole systems for each guitar...you can't just add another guitar to either unit (nor would you want to)...thought I'd make sure that is known.

Last edited:
M G90 has been flawless on both guitar and bass, Yes... rack mounted - with XL.

IF you are using differnet guitars at the same time keep in mind both units would require you to buy whole systems for each guitar...you can't just add another guitar to either unit (nor would you want to)...thought I'd make sure that is known.

Of course.
I just run a pack for each guitar. So I can just turn one pack off and another on to switch guitars during a gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm liking the pedal version of the new Shure. It's small and would be easy to velcro down. I'm just worried I may lose signal since the unit will be inside my rack and having the antennas covered.
Look at the Line 6 G-50 pedal and compare.. AA batteries, metal construction Cheaper, accepts multiple transmitters AND Has dual outputs (I use the 2nd out for a harmony vocal pedal trigger) ONLY ISSUE is won't work with PreSonus StudioLive wireless aux mix control software (last years version anyway).

Look at the Line 6 G-50 pedal and compare.. AA batteries, metal construction Cheaper, accepts multiple transmitters AND Has dual outputs (I use the 2nd out for a harmony vocal pedal trigger) ONLY ISSUE is won't work with PreSonus StudioLive wireless aux mix control software (last years version anyway).
Reports have been better on the Shure. People having dropouts on line6 and none on the Shure. Then again, way more users of L6 out there, so bound to have more complainers.

As usual lots of people claiming the older L6 used to be better built than the current stuff... :roll

Maybe use a glue gun for mounting a pedal to a shelf? It's stronger than tape and usually breaks loose cleanly.

4 years now with the g30 and I am really satisfied! Not a single problem with it and had over 100 gigs with it :encouragement:

Dont use the Shure with other wireless systems. In my band we use 3 wireless line 6 mics and 2 for guitar. Now our trumpetplayer wanted to use the Shure and had no reception at all!!

It is a cool set with the battery charger and stuff but it is just a low budget system.

Back
Top Bottom