** Which Floor controller ????

s0c9

OK guys.. some feedback/advice needed from the experts here.

I have the following controllers:
  • Art X-15 [early model]
    Roland FC-300 [used with VG99]
    GT10 [standalone, but usable as a controller]

I would prefer not to have to program the FC300 in CC or patch mode, as I'd like to continue to use it with the VG99 [in standard mode] perhaps in conjunction with the Afx. There is no software editor interface for the FC300.
Plus, I'm not sure I want to remember to switch modes when using both :cry:
The X-15 has a software interface, but written in 16-bit and all my PC's are 64-bit, so it won't even install, and the pedal itself has a huge footprint!!
The GT10 is my backup unit, so would prefer not to monkey with that.

I'm also wanting to keep my stage footprint small and simple - as I also have to setup the PA and lights at each gig.
Would it make sense to buy the FCB1010, use ripwerx (or equivalent) and program specifically for the Afx ??

Or would you wait for the FAS MFC101 to come out ? :)

nobody knows for sure when the mfc101 is coming out.the 1010 is cheap enough that if the 101 does come out after you buy it your not out of a lot of clams if you still want to get the 101.

Thanks for the feedback.
The FCB1010 + UNO is what I'm leaning toward right now.
Will let me keep dedicated controllers :)

Guess I'm going to wait on FAS news/pricing of the MFC101 at the NY Amp show June 5/6th.
Can live with the Roland FC-300 'til then. What's another two weeks ??

Fractal site, "news" section:

"Join Fractal Audio and Atomic Amps at The 2010 New York Amp Show on June 5th & 6th. Come try the Axe-Fx Ultra and Atomic Reactor FR (Feel free to bring your own guitar!) We'll be demo'ing the MFC-101 midi foot controller and making an announcement at the show about its imminent availability. "

yek said:
Fractal site, "news" section:

"Join Fractal Audio and Atomic Amps at The 2010 New York Amp Show on June 5th & 6th. Come try the Axe-Fx Ultra and Atomic Reactor FR (Feel free to bring your own guitar!) We'll be demo'ing the MFC-101 midi foot controller and making an announcement at the show about its imminent availability. "

LOL - what I had in my prior post. Supposed to be available at end of June $599
I'll wait for the announcement and use my FC300 meanwhile.

Back
Top Bottom