Which Expression pedal to get?

I love the Fractal expression pedals, but I like 4 pedals on my board, so it really makes my board too heavy. I use these:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NX-P--nektar-nx-p-universal-expression-pedal
I have used the Nektar pedals for a while now, and although they seem cheap, they are really robust. They have survived lots of gigs where moshers and drunks have fallen on them. Plus they are only $20 with the cable. Cheap and light. Buy an extra and throw it in your bag if you are worried about one failing. I can lift my pedal board with just my pinkie!

Attachments

• 20200817_193447_resized.jpg
    20200817_193447_resized.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 58
The Audio taper pot in VPJr pedals is less than ideal for expression use. You can compensate some by adjusting the shape of the modifier graph, but it's still not quite as smooth and precise as a linear pot. I modded mine and installed linear pots. The string design in VPJr pedals is a definite weak spot too. They will break on you at some point. I've had to replace the strings in both of my pedals. They're pretty cheap, but a pain to install. If I had it to do over again, I would go with a couple of Fractal EV-2's instead.

Appreciate the feedback. I'm looking to make a whammy and wah for some of my presets and it'll be for home studio use.
The VPJR I have bought is the 250k pot with the 'lifetime' string attached. Does that help in this situation?

Appreciate the feedback. I'm looking to make a whammy and wah for some of my presets and it'll be for home studio use.
The VPJR I have bought is the 250k pot with the 'lifetime' string attached. Does that help in this situation?
The recommended value for the Axe Fx is 10k-100k for the expression pedal pot. You may not have the best results...

Well I've managed to control wah, pitch and Volume with my VPJR with really good results.

I can't really see what another pedal would do other than this. ... A steal for £40 off Reverb

Back
Top Bottom