Which boost would be a Klon?

yes, FET boost with clip type changed to silicon. drive 6, level 7, high cut at about 6.5khz and mid at +1

search the forum...this has been discussed at depth, many times

edit: forgot to add...try the drive block at 50% mix, for the original klon vibe

Last edited:
Totally depends on the Klon settings. Klon with Gain at min ("clean boost") is very different from amp overdriven Klon.

What settings on the Shimmer?

Here's the block. Drive at 2ish, Tone at 4ish, Level at 4ish. I think the only thing touched outside of the Basic/first page of controls is Hi Cut to 10k. And absolutely to what yek says, Klons and klones all have very different sounds at different gain settings. This just happened to sound very similar to my personal KTR settings when A/B testing and matching tones. I'm not using it as a pure clean boost, it definitely adds grit.

Attachments

• Phil's KTR_20200713_145820.blk
    531 bytes · Views: 52
@yek because I want to use it in the 4cm to drive the plexi ch and the JCM 800 ch on my new FRIEDMAN Jake E Lee head with a fair amount of hair on both,.... so the FET (with lower gain settings) or whatever I can come up with would be pushing that real amp tone.
Otherwise I am stuck buying a Wampler Tumnus dlx pedal

Sooo that means what I would like to do is more likely to happen from the FM3 would'nt you agree?

I would be soooo thrilled for a klon in the axe. Thanks to rr (if you know you know!) then I understand not, but at the very least a tumnus would rock! I prefer the tumnus to an actual klon, call me crazy but I genuinely prefer the little tumnus to several real life (authentic) Klons.

@Sean Ashe the reality is I already know I will need to buy a real Tumnus. I just referred to a 'Klon type' because most are familiar with it.

**Most gloss right over this because they are fixated on their bedroom rig, but my context is the 4cm with a REAL Freidman Jake E Lee amp -arriving Friday!
Stadium volume baby!

I would be soooo thrilled for a klon in the axe. Thanks to rr (if you know you know!) then I understand not, but at the very least a tumnus would rock! I prefer the tumnus to an actual klon, call me crazy but I genuinely prefer the little tumnus to several real life (authentic) Klons.

Starting to just seem silly at this point it's omitted (yes I know the story). Didn't think there was someone on the planet more stubborn than I am. I guess we are just destined to be plagued for all time with the "where's the Klon", "how do I make a Klon" threads.

Back
Top Bottom