Which Axe should I Buy??

Sugaragus

Hello all...I’m new to Fractal and looking to purchase my first one this week. I play in a cover band, mostly 90s alternative. I’m horrible at learning new technology and this product seems impossible but im gonna try and learn. Any suggestion, if price isn’t an issue, which one I should Buy using ‘ease of use’ and ‘learning curve’ as the 2 most important factors. Is downloading someone else’s presets easy and can I just do most of my setlist by downloading others sounds? I have the option of using a marshal JCM800 or a powered QSC speaker. Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks!

With any new equipment you have to learn some things, so embrace it. Read the manual several times, it's very logical.

The Axe III would be the easiest to learn simply because it sounds so good to begin with. You really don't need to dig into the deeper editing to get good sounds.

Downloading presets is easy.
Finding presets you like is easy.
After that, “organize them”, in the 400+ bank area.
Finally “reach out” to the forum on setting up your FC controller!

I’m def nervous...new things scare me as I love the ease of the pedal board but from what I’ve heard...the Fractal products are the way to go. I think I’ll go with the III then so there’s no regrets.

There is only one fractal product currently available, the axefx3. This makes your choice easy :)

There's a little bit of learning (like anything), but it's so satisfying when you get it right.

Absolute worst case, it's not for you, it'll be easy to sell as they are current units with good demand

I’m def nervous...new things scare me as I love the ease of the pedal board but from what I’ve heard...the Fractal products are the way to go. I think I’ll go with the III then so there’s no regrets.

Once you start playing it, your nervousness will immediately become enthusiasm and pleasure. And before you even realize, you will be tweaking the parameters to personalize the tone to your taste.

Welcome.

The Axe III has come very far when it comes down to ease of use. Yes, there will be a learning curve, but there are a ridiculous amount of video tutorials and other reference material that can help with literally anything that you want to do. Don't fear learning the basics...it's not that tough. IMO that's all you really need to get started and understand how to do basic tweaks.

There are other options depending on how deep your pockets are. Cooper's video instructional is a fine way to jump start your learning. If you care not to tweak, there are plenty of free and paid presets that will cover EVERYTHING you could possibly need.

And, we are all here to help when you get stuck.

Well...I bought it. Hoping all works out and I can sell all my pedals to help pay for it. Can not wait to get it. 2 questions for you all. 1)currently I plug my acoustic into an LR baggs DI box for songs I play on acoustic during our sets. Can this also replace that? 2)what’s the link to find presets to specific songs. I’m gonna start reading the manual and maybe gather some presets while I wait for its delivery. Thanks again all...I appreciate it.

I was new as well about 3 months ago and not tech savvy at all and the axe fx 3 was pretty easy to get used to. As some have said there are some great instructional videos out there. From my research the 3 seems much easier to navigate than the other models and it sounds amazing. Get some good studio monitors if you don’t have any and you will find yourself playing a lot more than you used to. You don’t get the ear fatigue that you get get with “normal amps” and the feel is like playing through a cranked tube amp. I love dual rectifiers and I get a better sound out of the recto models here than with the amp. Hope that helps.

Well...I bought it. Hoping all works out and I can sell all my pedals to help pay for it. Can not wait to get it. 2 questions for you all. 1)currently I plug my acoustic into an LR baggs DI box for songs I play on acoustic during our sets. Can this also replace that? 2)what’s the link to find presets to specific songs. I’m gonna start reading the manual and maybe gather some presets while I wait for its delivery. Thanks again all...I appreciate it.

You can search for presets here.

Back
Top Bottom