Which are your go to drives ?

moltisanti

Inspired
So i've been playing around with the drives trying to find a good well balanced Blues Driver type OD into a clean amp, so far the closest i have come is the Full OD but it still has a very pronounced mid spike.

What do you guys like for a good mid gain balanced OD ?

ZenMaster | Drive 3.5; Tone 4-7
T808 Mod | Drive 4.5; Tone 3-8

Give those a shot, I'm a fan of both and use them frequently.

I heard a great demo of the new FAS Boost online. Assuming that makes it into fw 3, which I think it probably will based on forum posts, it's gonna be a great option I think.

I hope.

Saying that I've had great luck with multiple things. Once you start messing with clipping type and the eq the sky's the limit.

I'm using the bb pre for mid gain rhythm playing and the zen for a little less gain - picking out chords etc. Hopefully the next update gives up a few more to play though.

Tube Driver 4 knob.
It gets really, really, really close to the real thing.

Otherwise, TS808 (not the mod which has too much gain for me), Zen Master and Facefuzz.

Did I buy my Butler from You Octatonic? the 5 knob version ?
My favourite variant was the real tube pedal
That was an amazing thing

I use the esoteric acb often.

Also I use the fuzz face with the drive set around 0.12 for overdrive that really responds to picking.

Ecstasy love pedal
TS808
Mid Boost
RCB
BB Pre

.... They are all amazing bit those are my favourites at the moment. I find I can eq the scene very well with the drive block and not need a PEQ or GEQ in the chain.

so i went through the drives and A/Bd them with my Blues Driver, nothing was nailed on but actually the FAS LED sounded the most like it to me, and with a few tweaks I had it sounding much better than the BD2

so i went through the drives and A/Bd them with my Blues Driver, nothing was nailed on but actually the FAS LED sounded the most like it to me, and with a few tweaks I had it sounding much better than the BD2
YES! That LED Drive is deadly!!

Back
Top Bottom