Which amps exist only in the Axe 3?

mikeyg

Experienced
I found the wiki mentions new amps but not which ones... I've been too busy playing to check!

By the way, I didnt think it possible, but the Axe 3 does sound much improved over the Axe 2 on the latest firmware.

The clean amps have more punch and a glassy top end.

Mid gain tones seem more touch responsive.

The dirty amps are chewier.

The cabs seem more open. Man I fell in love with the 3 Monkeys 4x12 57!! Killer sounding cab... goes with anything Marshall.

So glad I made the move!

Do you mean amps that are virtual only, or do you mean amp models in the Axe Fx III that are not in the Axe Fx II or AX8?

Which is soooooo cool.... I wonder if it's possible to create amps that would be impossible/infeasible in the real world... if anyone could I bet Cliff could...

You only have so many parameters you can adjust, and Cliff seems to have them all covered. So yes, you can create amps that dont exist, given the topology that all amp builders work from.

I'm interested in what could be created outside that topology... (meaning preamp, phase inverter, power amp, etc, the basic components of a tube amp). I have these tones in my head where you're playing traditional guitar and hit a button where it takes off in ethereal, outer space, sucked through a wormhole kinda thing. Kinda like what Tom Scholz would do, but on steroids. Blending traditional guitar with synth. It's probably possible already, heheh...

Back
Top Bottom