Which amp sealed the deal for you?

I like all the amps because they all weigh less than 15lbs ;-) I have a bad back and can now just press a few buttons and turn a few knobs to use a different amp instead of lugging one out from storage.

There wasn't a specific amp that sealed the deal for me but it was the Marshall tones that sealed the deal because I never liked the way other modelers Marshall tones sounded. The main reason I bought the Axe-Fx II was because the Noise Gate could be side chained to the input and all the routing options.

I really like the 50 watt jumpered plexi, just a little extra gain. And I can use it for straight rock n roll or turn the master down and add a boost for classic metal tones. It sounds great with different irs aswell.

The Rectos would be my obvious answer, but the Hiwatt models are just so damned versatile. The punch and definition across the frequency spectrum is amazing. I even use them for bass patches.

I sometimes just spin the dial. They are all cool. Some of the old fender stuff have been fun. I realized that I like amps I used to look at and laugh back in my teens. Now I love them. The Two rock is cool, The badgers rock. So many - that is what seals it for me. It's not what amp, (as in singular) it is the fact that I have two semi trailers full of amps... that seals it for me.

Mark IIC+.
Cannot switch to another amp.
I recommend you to try it with the OH Creamback studio modern IR.

I can't remember a specific amp when I got my Ultra, but it's been the Friedman HBE since it was added to the firmware. Love the new AFS 100 models as well. Apparently I like the high gain stuff.

I love the fact that there are so many different answers here. That in itself is a testament to Cliff and his team.
Yes, this is so true. I must say that I also enjoy using the HBE and Triptik very much (especially the Triptik) but I feel like I'm cheating the IIC+ when I use them for high gain. Stupid me, wish that someday I love someone as much as I love Mesa/Boogies. :)

Ac20 with gain low around 1-2 sounds amazing for cleans. The new afs models are great rock amps, up there with Friedman HB and HBE.

It varies by week/day/hour. Got the XL nearly three months ago, so it has been a ton of experimentation and learning...but early on:

Buttery
Boutique I
Double Verb, and a few other Fenders.

After a bit of playing, the Plexi got a lot of attention.

The higher gain amps seemed like TOO much initially. The Friedman BE blew me away once I figured out a better way to use the unit. Still does, but depending on what I am after, there are still a large handful that get regular use.

Loving the AxeFX!

The Almighty Fas Modern II
The Amazing 5153 Red
The Astonishing RectoRed Modern
The Surprisinf Angel Severe1
and so on ( i don't say anything about Marshall and Marshastyle because are way too much for me :p I'm always in panic when I look at how many we are able to tweack inside this Magic Black Box

Favorite Irs for what is supposed to ear from this are Hi-res Critical Lab Messiah MesaV30 #2 \3 \4
Ultra-Res OwnHammer HGE Mesa and Diezel both En and Chinese 8ohm

Some Clip ... Sorry for my sloppy playing

RECTOREDMOD (LEFT) 5153RED (RIGHT) FAS MODII (CENTER)

RECTOREDMOD (HARD LEFT & RIGHT) morphing between clean and higain with Clarky's suggestions

Shiva Clean with LP and Strato
First half SPLAWN NITROUS
second half ANGEL SEVERE 1 (LEFT) 5153RED (RIGHT) RECTOORGMOD (CENTER)

hope is enough for a single post :p

Cool sounds!!

Cool sounds!!

Thamks Psycho !! :D

The Axe is so amazing when it's time to record ...
I purchased when it was at fw7.xx and It was just the time when AxeEdit was unavailable ... I remember me studiyng ALL manuals even the MFC before the arrive .
But now ... after 2+ Years so many changes !!

Axe Edit came out and the Axe Becomes a joy for the eyes too !!
Now I literally put really little time to get the sound I want ... only "limitation" is CPU
I was overwhelmed reading about what actually is an Ir and how it works and how many people seeming very in depth with how it works .
I may say that this community it's one of the reason I purchased my Axe ... then G66 SUPER .... then all at Fas answering on the forum ... whoaww that's changed my paradigm

I had a GSP2101 legend at his time , pretty happy butr not totally happy so I switch back to a real thing .
I'm a purist of sound ( as every other fractalite I guess ) so Switching system ... analogue pedals ... buffers etc ... really great stuff I still playing .

But now !! Fas is sooo f.....in' awesome
Unfortunately I purchased the axe just when my band had a split ... but it helps me to stay focused on wht I love (music) and make every home session a great concert !!
(imagine me at home with my real triplerecto with my real mesa 4x12 at 0.0001 volume .... NO WAY !!! )

Axe FX is Awesome and his Greatness starts at low bedroom level !!!

Oooooops sorry for the off topic :p

Back
Top Bottom