Which amp sealed the deal for you?

I had been loving a lot of different amp models, but when I tried the Trainwreck, it felt so different and unique, just like "Wow, now THERE's a sound I want to explore!"

HAs become my main soloing sound.

Initially, JCM 800(since FW2.x) Now almost any of them are useful. I think the AXE has developed to become more versatile.

Fender bassmans- it was like I was standing next to one.
Pauly

I swear when I dialed in the Friedman Brown Eye for the first time, I said "that's the one! right there!" and I haven't looked back since.

Which amp has made you do that?

and post any clips of your best tone if you have one. I love hearing what you guys come up with!

I went in and old mate says what amp do you like? I said Mesa triple rect... he then set it up in about 10 secs and handed me a my guitar and said "how does that sound?" I just said "Shut up and take my money"

Plexi 100 Treble through a vintage Greenback IR has always been my Linus blanket and I live on that patch more than any other. I can't recall what FW level, but that's the model where I said "that's my sound". Like Yek, I'm really digging the AFS #2 and I'm also impressed with the Tucana and Friedman BE. Someday, I would love to play the real deal...my Les Paul through a vintage Plexi 100/4x12 Greenie stack. It won't happen at my current residence though. Until then, I've got the next closest thing to the real deal! :)

Bogner Shiva Lead & Plexi 100 High - use them for most of my lead work, although I try others here and there.

USA Lead Brit+, AFD2, AFD1, Recto (can't remember which one) - Used for rhythm and some leads with the AFD models depending on what I'm playing or in the mood for.

Bogner Shiva Clean - use for all of my cleans... ALL of them

My IR's are usually v30 or the TV ultrares mix paired. One on left E609 mic, one on the right null mic. Gives it a punchy, cutting feel, while retaining a softer chewier natural feel.

Again, tone is subjective, blah blah blah, YMMV etc. :eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom