Whew!

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Looking out the window and a couple deer decided to try to cross the lake from the island back to the mainland. I told my wife "they're not going to make it, ice is too thin." Sure enough one of them went through the ice.

After about 40 minutes it finally got out and made it back to shore.

Did an Apetor eh? ;-)
Thanks
Pauly

Looking out the window and a couple deer decided to try to cross the lake from the island back to the mainland. I told my wife "they're not going to make it, ice is too thin." Sure enough one of them went through the ice.

Were you considering jumping in and saving it if it hadn’t made it out?

Glad it made it out, we had the same situation a few months ago. Sadly it didn't make it we had the FD out and everything, no idea how long it was in for. It was quite sad.

Were you considering jumping in and saving it if it hadn’t made it out?
Human survivability in water that cold is a few minutes at best — if you get pulled out and warmed up quickly, and you don't have to crawl soaking wet across the ice to make it home.

40 minutes, though. Think how long you’d last in zero degree water. Pass out in 30 seconds, dead in 4 minutes.

Reactions: jon
Ice?? I'm actually frantically trying to find (and repair) a leak in my car's A/C system for the past few days... LOL. It's going to be around 90 degrees tomorrow.

So Cal livin'! ;)
That dye-infused freon/lube works great for finding leaks. Some require a UV light, which makes a less unsightly leak sight under normal light....

Back
Top Bottom